Heat lamp???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cycloneare1

Reaction score
ok so i have a 250 watt heat lamp that i want to try for my plants because i am having difficulty with finding hps accesories (sockets and all) and i am wondering if this lamp will work for vegetative growth? it doesnt say how many kelvins it produces so that is all the info i can give at the moment...

well i have a red heat lamp and 2 grow lights with a small fan and my ladies are doing fine i guess it just depends on the green thumb

grama42 said:
well i have a red heat lamp and 2 grow lights with a small fan and my ladies are doing fine i guess it just depends on the green thumb

and... I bet u if u turned off the red heat lamp, you will notice no change in growth....

Well i just decided to grow new plants, got them germinated and realized i hadnt bought a new light after my last one broke. The problem is i live in the middle of nowhere and there is no place to get a socket for and hps bulb :( I looked around my house for a lil while and found the lamp still in the box and thought it migtht be suitable but it just gets way to hot...so i got on the internet today and ordedred a reflector and socket for my 150 watt hps and am hoping it will arive on friday. right now i am holding on with a 100 watt incandescent bulb with a nice reflector, the temperature is nice and its not too bad for the time being but pretty soon im sure its gonna cause me problems so i am REALLY hoping my stuff arives soon!

gettinggray1964 said:
why would you want a heat lamp? is it really cold where you are at????
the weather here has been real cold when i go to dark so durning the light time i use the heat and its working great be safe

Latest posts

Back