heat stress or something else?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaotik

MrInvisible
Reaction score
i've lost my guru, so i turn to you with my stupid questions ;)
i'm leaning towards heat stress, but i want an experts opinion, as i know it could be many things..

firstly, growing with a 400 HPS, and a few flouresence on the side.
it could be a ph problem, as i have no tester, and have just been letting tap water sit. (i know i know, tsk tsk)
in a tight space (a small shower)
room temp is about 20-25(C) max, but i'm sure it's warmer in the shower.
feeding with miracle grow (15-30-15) about every 4-5 days. water in between. (not in pre-nuted soil)
was outdoor, but brought in to finish.
they're also in just small 1 gal containers (had the idea smaller pot = smaller plant.. that backfired though.. though i've had no problems till now)

hows that for a laundry list of headaches eh? next grow will be much better looked after.

*pics aren't the best (especially the last, i had to mess with the colors to brighten it up) but it should give you an idea.

whats your mediums ph? what dosage of nutes are you giving? what are the environmental factors, temp, humidity, ventilation ect.

thanks for the reply.
was going to feed them this morning, but just watered instead. thought i'd wait and post pics to see what others had to say. guess i'll leave em for a few days without feeding, see how they do.
i was leaning more to heat stress though because i've not changed the amout they get fed, and it's only a few in the back of the shower. the others are all fine. (couldn't fit them all in the shower, so a few are just huddled around it lol not optimal growing conditions for sure, but the old grow room got reno'd so had to make do with what i had.)
i did burn them pretty bad a little over a month ago with some 10-54-10 bloom stuff i had, thankfully they came back, and looked good untill now.

I say nute burn because your temps are between 68 and say 80 degrees something like that give or take a few. :p That's not bad for temps as long as ya got good venilation. ;)

JBonez said:
whats your mediums ph? what dosage of nutes are you giving? what are the environmental factors, temp, humidity, ventilation ect.
i have no idea what my PH is.. gotta get myself a new tester sometime.
i go with 1 scoop of MG per 1 gal (1.5 tbs/1 gal)
temp is about 25C max, might get a bit warmer in the shower though, as it's only open at the front. it's a little high, but nothing extreme.
ventilation, i unfortunatly have no intake, only exhaust from the bathroom overhead fan.
don't have any way to test humidity either.

it's a shoddy setup (obviously) i'd just like to salvage what i can from my outdoor stuff that didn't finish.

this is why i worry about heat/humidity..
just a pretty tight area, i'm thinking i really should mount some fan up top somehow. because as it is, the fan is pretty much right where i stood to take this picture. so it blows on the one pretty hard (and i usually have 2 more infront of it there.)

*lol at that big bastard eh? thought it was gonna be a male for sure.. you can't really see, but it's king bud is higher than my light cause i can't put it any higher. i had to dig a hole to hide it when it was outside (that's why it's so stretched out) such a sckragly looking one lol

kaotik said:
i have no idea what my PH is.. gotta get myself a new tester sometime.
i go with 1 scoop of MG per 1 gal (1.5 tbs/1 gal)
temp is about 25C max, might get a bit warmer in the shower though, as it's only open at the front. it's a little high, but nothing extreme.
ventilation, i unfortunatly have no intake, only exhaust from the bathroom overhead fan.
don't have any way to test humidity either.

it's a shoddy setup (obviously) i'd just like to salvage what i can from my outdoor stuff that didn't finish.

Gotcha, so this is more of an easy grow, i understand, the tools for the job are not cheap if you want to do it right, i will be about 2grand in the hole here shortly between all the hid lights, ph tester, fans and bulbs and ducting and what not, so yeah, i see where you are coming from, oh well, hope everything works out!

JBonez said:
Gotcha, so this is more of an easy grow, i understand, the tools for the job are not cheap if you want to do it right, i will be about 2grand in the hole here shortly between all the hid lights, ph tester, fans and bulbs and ducting and what not, so yeah, i see where you are coming from, oh well, hope everything works out!

yeah, pretty much look at this like a rookie grow. i do have a little experience, but not grown in years, and got rid of most of my equipment (save for my ballast and carbon filter.. thankfully)
just wanted to throw a few outdoor to save money come christmas, but unfortunatly they were (painfully) slow.
so now i'm just trying to salvage something.
no bigtime grow here, just making do with what i have ;)

Latest posts

Back