Hello Folks! New and going well I think!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

degenerative_disc

I must say I have been here about 20 times to just read and find out the answers to my questions as I embarked on the grow your own journey. You have all been a great help so far with the information I have read and just wanted to say thanks!!!! I have posted some pics of my set up, keep in mind this was my first attempt an only intend to produce enough for my health issues and pain. I am 4 weeks into it and the only problem I am battleing right now is how to get my humidity down so any suggestions would be great. Its nice to have found this site its been great.

P.S. My photos were denied because they are to big! Guess you will have to forgive me.

Welcome to MP degenerative disc.

I use photobucket to resize my pics...its a pain but thats what I do.

;)

Thanks and by the sounds of a couple replies here I may have broke a rule or something. Sorry what did I do?

hee hee... no rule infractions dgc :)
Just linking you to a picture posting tutorial..:confused2:

Inexpensive Natural Dehumidifier
You can use Calcium Chloride to remove moisture from the air. Calcium Chloride is a strongly hygroscopic (desiccant) compound meaning it has a strong attraction for water. It can absorb as much as twice its own weight in water making it very useful as a drying agent.

Calcium Chloride is available as a deicer salt that can be easily found. It is best to use pure Calcium Chloride rather than using it as a blend with other deicer salts (which may not be as hygroscopic).

Find deicers that list only 'Calcium Chloride' as an active ingredient. It is also commonly listed under its chemical name: CaCl2.

It costs me roughly $10 for 10 lbs of salt.

It can be sprinkled in a shallow container with a large area, as shown in the figure below. I placed a pan underneath the container to avoid any potential leaking onto the floor. In my case the salt was mixed with traction sand, a common practice for deicers, but not necessary for use as a dehumidifier.

Edit - I dont know why there is a link to the picture instead of a picture in my post. Sorry I dont blame you if you dont click on it.

View attachment untitled.bmp

Thanks Motor City great tip sorry i dont respond to quickly I dont get here much with the wife and kids always walking by while i am on computer. Cheers!

Latest posts

Back