help get my grow off the ground? =]

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike1245

Reaction score
hey guys! what's happenin?

i want to start growing in a closet i have in the new house i moved into. it's 2.5 feet wide by 1.5 feet front to back, 6.5 tall.

i've been told by other members that a 250 watt light would take care of me.

the other questions i have are as follows...
if i grew some nirvana white widow or masterkush, how many plants would i be able to flower in this space, and in what size containers?
i'm looking for tips on how to maximize a yield in a small space like this also (3.75 sq.ft.)

has anyone grown in a space this size? what kind of yield could i come up with if the plants are taken care of roperly?

what am i looking at for ventilation?
would feminized seeds be a better option?
how many seeds should i germinate?

so many questions!! i'd appreciate ANY help i can get.
thanks everyone!

2 plants is about all you should do for that area.

so i'll start looking into feminized seeds. either that or i'll plant five. if i get more than 2 females i guess i'd just have to kill the extras.

anyways, what size containers if only two plants? should i use any training to get a bigger yield? what's the most i could pull off of two plants on the indica side?
thanks

they will take up space that you have little of....Welcome to MP BTW...read,read,read,,,,their are a lot of micro grows here and lots that grow in smaller areas then yours...I would go with fnal container size beeing 5 gallons..there is no training that I have read about that would increase a better yield....small spaces can use LST (Low Stress Training) but is used to keep plant short..How about Ventilation?...and how are you planing to flower?..room needs to be light free...Good Luck..KEEP M GREEN

my flowering box isn't much bigger than that and i do three plants at a time and average 2 ounces per plant give or take a few grams. i start 6 or 8 seeds at a time and if i have more females than i can fit into my flowering box i keep the tops cut to keep it small and bushy untill i have room to flower it.

i use 2 gallon pots but i keep my plants small under 3 feet. as for buying fem seeds if it were me i would start with some bagseeds just to make sure you can grow them before spending alot of money.

the best advice i can give is go to the resource section and do some reading.. lots of helpful links and info on how to maximize your yeild.. hope this helps. good luck

If youd be willing to grow as many as possible then i would plant on 6 inch centers in 44 oz cups or even cut off 2 liters with good drianage holes. grow an sog with a 400 watt light. that will yeild nice by vegging for only a week and then flowering till finished, plenty of colas with little side branching- perfect for clones once you find something special in all those phenos. start at least twice as many than you think you need- weed out the females then plant select remaining in the larger containers... even canopys recieve better light asorbtion espicially if you practice tucking on the large fan leaves. this will increase yeild over having one or two plants grown on a long veg with one 250wHPS.

but thats just me if i had that small of an area....

ya that sounds better than what i said go with that.

Exactly what TOA said...... plant several seeds, get them sexed and then find the one that is the best overall plant for your blooming area... Then ya pull her out, find I nice lil corner in your place to keep her on a 18/6 schedule and clone from her.

This way you get the same 2 or 3 plants every time through the bloomer.... Much better than taking the risk of always starting from seed and getting an all male class or just some funky plants that dont work well in your space.

I would do 1 plant at a time. And I would use a single water farm bucket.
The 250w should be cool. Good luck bro.

Latest posts

Back