Help me decide!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THCPezDispenser

Makka Pakka Smoka Doob
Reaction score
I am a couple of weeks away from my first bagseed harvest, and I am starting to think about what real strain I should grow in the future. It's a little hard to decide from the seed sites as they usually describe each strain as the bomb, so I thought I would throw a few characteristics and try to milk some of the vast experience on this board:

1) I don't like to be paranoid. I once quit smoking weed when I was younger because of the intense paranoia I was experiencing. Thinking all weed was the same I just thought weed in general was doing it. I know this is not the case now.

2) I like an "uppity", creative buzz. I like to be active when I smoke, and like to write songs as a hobby. Some weed has made my mind race with ideas, others just turned my brain into a TV with the station sign-off tone ringing in my head.

3) I don't want a strong smelling weed. I want to stay low profile, and weed that puts a skunk a mile away into a passion frenzy is not going to work.

4) It should grow short and compact. I have about 3 feet to work with, but if the other criteria are met, I guess this could be handled with topping/LST.

5) Large yield is a given, isn't it? :)

Those are roughly in order of importance. So any thoughts? Any experienced growers/smokers out there notice that I just described a particular strain?

Thanks for any help you can give guys!

if u want small and compact u want indica dominate strairn and for a more upity high harvest lil early when the trichromes are only cloudy befor they turn amber.im going for the full on coach lock high with all amber trichromes:hubba:

blunt man said it pretty good get a high yeilding indica and harvest at cloudy trichs for a strong upity high and about the smell you can make a machine the gets rid of the smells for like $30 just go to the diy forum

:fly:You are like me, Pez... I like to fly under the radar, so to speak.
I enjoy a nice relaxing mellow high. I like Bubble Gum. But I don't over-do it... I have a strain going now, that I haven't tried that is a relaxant also. Lifesaver. They will be ready in about 6 weeks. I'm looking forward to it. The seeds are from BOG. Bushy Old Grower. You can find his site on-line I've heard... but I got the seeds from a friend who got them from him. He's from my area of California.
It is supposed to be very nice. I'm wired naturally, so I don't need any stimulants, except coffee. And that reminds me, I need to make a pot right now.
Let me know how it goes.
:peace: Ettesun

Check out Mandala Seeds. I am real partial to their Satori. This can be kept short, has a fairly low odor, is an up creative herb. I am going to try some Speed Queen next.

Apollo 11 (already mentioned) is a nice up, also.

Any kind of indica dominant strain will do the best in your grow area. Also, harvesting when most trichs are cloudy will produce a more up high for you. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

Thanks for all the input guys. I don't want to disappoint anyone so maybe I will try them all :) Apollo 11 was mentioned twice, so maybe I will start with that.

Just wanted to add to this thread that I have a 5 or 6 month window of growing time coming up as I will be working locally, so I have received my order from Hemp Depot for Joey Seeds Apollo 11 F2's! T minus 7 days to launch is the ETA :)

On a side note, these are F2's so that makes me a little wierded out, anyone have any experience with these from Joey Seeds? I wasn't able to find any purebred A11 seeds anywhere... how much of a swing in the listed phenotypes should I expect to see?

LOL, sounds like you got a run down on genetics :)

I know what F2's are and statistically there can be a lot of variation, just wanted to hear personal experiences with growing the Joey Seeds version for conversation's sake.

THCPezDispenser said:
LOL, sounds like you got a run down on genetics :)

I know what F2's are and statistically there can be a lot of variation, just wanted to hear personal experiences with growing the Joey Seeds version for conversation's sake.

I grew the Apollo 11 from Joey. I had stable genetics. And I was pulling about 4 ozs per plant. I have grown a couple of other Joey varieties and was happy with them.

try autoflower strain, check out richy b's threads. or use scrog (SCReen Of Green). then you could try almost anything that you find tempting & theres alot out there.:D

Hi docfish, and thanks for the comments. I am not really into the autoflower thing, although I must admit that I have thought about Lowryders due to height restrictions. But I have a new spot for my grow and height really isn't an issue now (I have about 7 feet). Apollo 11's seem to fit the bill perfect for the type of high I am looking for.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Check out Mandala Seeds. I am real partial to their Satori. This can be kept short, has a fairly low odor, is an up creative herb. I am going to try some Speed Queen next.

Apollo 11 (already mentioned) is a nice up, also.

Satori is the way to go man!! Hemp Goddess isn't kidding. I have grown it and it is fantastic smoke, heavy yeilder and a low oder strain. The high is almost euphoric and there is NO racing heart of paranoia. Mandala will start selling seeds again in January, I am ordering a few packs. This strain is one to keep around for a very long time and the seeds are not expensive at all. ;)

any hXXp links to this Appollo 11 yer talking about, Pez?:cool:

Here you go TCVG, this is where I bought them:

hxxp://www.hempdepot.ca/seeds/joeyweed/Apollo11.html

Latest posts

Back