Help please, i have nanners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Rosebud

This is a first for me. I have nanners on a purple peach in my flower room and baby seeds!!!! I took the plant out and sprayed water all over my flower room and other plants in flower:eek: but I don't really know what i am doing and why.

Do nanners actually produce pollen and can that pollinate the other girls in my flower room?
I am breathing deeply.

you might've caught him quick enough before he blew. hopefully.
yes, they can produce pollen.
was it a full sac, or just a little nan, or?

how far along is everything?
if you're pretty late, you might not even notice anything anyway.

not much to do, but dispose of it and hope the girls will be fine.
should be alright, may have a few seeds, but it's not like it should've made millions

:)

How far along is the plant that is throwing nanners? Late in flower they are mostly sterile in my experience.

I don't know the exact age, which is a first too. The tric's are cloudy and clear. There is seed, soft green seeds. Like you said Kaotic it didn't make millions. It is a small amount. I thought the nanner was a small yellow leaf but it isn't. I don't think it is open, but they had to be to have seeds right?

Is washing down the flower room enough?

Thanks you guys.

Sorry for the bad luck Rose! The same thing happened to my Blue Dream Haze. I know how your feeling!

Spraying everything down should help...just be careful to not get any lady that is far into flower too wet. Or if you do try and get a fan blowing a gentle breeze on them so you don't wind up with bud rot or mold. Jmo

Ive never experienced rot or mold inside from misting plants in flower..even some I take a few days later. Rose...I would pull all plants and genes that go with that nanner plant and kull....Im sorry you going through this, and IMO you have some more to do to re-sterilize the room. IME..hermie nanners only pollinate the bud they came from and maybe a few buds around it...I full blown hermie will pollenate the nieghborhood. I just pulled a nanner plant that I caught at the start and misted the room a few times all ready. I take the biggest mister I have and hit everything...lights cords walls floor plants girlfriend..everything!!!!!....let dry and when lights go out I do it again...My best mojo for you girl..Hope the room isnt seeded....How hard was the seeds you found?...sounds like shim may have been busy for a week or so...

If you have seeds, the pollen is viable, it pollinated that plant, and can pollinate the other girls. You have really done all you can, spraying the room down. Now it is just kind of a waiting game to see how much errant pollen there was. Bummer though--we'll keep our fingers crossed that you have no more seeds. Was this a fem seed?

Thank you so much 4U, all seeds are soft. None are hard that I have found. I am harvesting it...sh!t.

These girls are in the bathtub, so I turned the shower on pretty hard and got the walls and all the flowering girls, then turned three fans on full blast. I have low humidity here in the desert so I am not to concerned with powdery mildew. But good idea Hammy, thanks.

I will go in and wipe down the cords that mr br can reach. ha. I will mop the floor, good idea, i didn't even think of.

My next question: If i put the buds to hang where I usually do, they will be in the veg closet partitioned off with a towel. Of course there are fans in there, will the hanging plants pollinate in a 24 hour veg room? I don't think there are preflowers in there.

No THG, it wasn't a fem seed. It was hot in the flower room in Sept. 86 degrees a lot of days. That is the only stress that I can think of. No light leaks or anything.

So sorry to here of trouble on yur trail walkin Rose. I hope yual be able to carry on it and the ending still fills yur pouch with yur needs and I wish it to be nothin but the best in the end. Ifin yual goin to wet everythin down please be careful not to fry yurself in the process. Water and electricity dont get long to much, be safe ;)

BWD

Thank you BWD. It is all ok now. It is harvested and in the shed to dry away from any other plant. I was a little slow to recognize the problem but I learned a lot and now I know. I am still ticked though.

Id be upset too, well I chalk them up to lessons learned and to date have only gotten better never worst in my grow techniques ;)

BWD

well i had to Google "nanners" did't know what it was.....
thanks for giving me something else to worry about ;)
good luck rose

Sorry smeg next time just ask LOL these here folk likes to callem "nanners" I just callem nuts or testicles but hey thats just me ;) Now im going to go scratch mine by the fire while sippin shine and puffin pipe.

BWD

Smeg, I am sorry, yes you should have asked. I forget how much we abbreviate around here. I was lost for a long time when i started at this great site. I guess the proper term would be "selfing"? or hermaphrodite.

Well, BWD, I guess I will not be scratching mine, as I don't have any anymore. They are outta here! Enjoy your scratch!:eek:

Did I mention two more plants have seeds? Not many. :mad: :shocked: :hitchair: :hitchair: :**: :chillpill: :ccc:

Dang that really sucks Rose:(

When I grow a new strain for myself I really put the eyeball on them till I know they are stable.

I had an OG Graze do the same thing. Threw those dang nanners late in harvest and I did like you and just harvested earlier. But I don't grow it no more

When I grow a new strain for myself I really put the eyeball on them till I know they are stable.

:aok: yep..front and center in the bloom room...first to be looked at when entering...

My next question: If i put the buds to hang where I usually do, they will be in the veg closet partitioned off with a towel. Of course there are fans in there, will the hanging plants pollinate in a 24 hour veg room? I don't think there are preflowers in there.

Well from experience with seed making and Hermie/selfing....is that pollen can be viable for long time..I mentioned earlier I spotted one in flower and because I hang and dry in my veg room,,,no way would I want to take chance continuing the damage...is it work saveing?....how about bubble hash?...that "shim"..would be gone by tomarrow ...because my outdoor is done hanging I hung my "Shim" in there...and Ill speak fir Hick ..destroy those seeds

take care and BE SAFE

I just got bubble bags last week.

It is all out in the shed now. Can I make bubble from dry or does it have to be frozen? I vaped some and it was pretty good, kinda up high.

Yes Sir on the seeds.

Ya know you guys are right, i had it in the back corner, that plant and the only reason I pulled it out today was to check on the tric's for the first time. I had it's "litter mate" another female from same seed in the front and she didn't do that but is now seeded a little. Had i had her in the front I would have noticed a long time ago I hope. LESSON learned damn it.

Latest posts

Back