HELP PLEASE sprouts dieing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dizzy

Outdoors
Reaction score
well its happened to 5 sprouts so far it looks like their shriveling up and falling over have no clue whate wrong

Give us some details, lights? Heat? medium?watering amounts? age? food? pictures?

Their outdoors they get sun most of the day it has ben hot hi 80s to mid 90s been watering them every other day pic wouldn help their babys just startin to grow the 1st real leafs

are they in full sun alday?? if so you might want to try and shade them a bit until they pick-back-up. i don't know if that will help.

yeah that should help, the shade, also outside in a pot or the ground?

Did you use a Natural deturrent for pest?

I did a Natural deturrent on on all four of my plants & killed them all.
My first newbie mistake.

KGB

If it's in the mid 90's outside you should be watering daily in any container smaller than 2 gal. And as stated above, give those babies a lil shade, for a newbie your putting her into extreme conditions before she has a chance to acclimate. Build her up to full sun over the course of a week, this will greatly increase your chances of your girls surviving the harsh heat. After a week or so you should be able to just leave her out without worrying anymore. Hope this helps out man, Peace and Love!!!
Roken.

not really a newbie ive been growing outdoors for the past 8 or 9 years but i usually start alot earlier but their in the ground but yeah i was thinking i wasnt watering them enough so im putting the next ones i stsrt sre going t be shaded by my deck lol next to some roses

Dizzy said:
not really a newbie ive been growing outdoors for the past 8 or 9 years but i usually start alot earlier but their in the ground but yeah i was thinking i wasnt watering them enough so im putting the next ones i stsrt sre going t be shaded by my deck lol next to some roses

Hi Dizzy

You say the seedlings are in the ground and the weather is hot, the way you describe the plants they sound really small, thus having a very small root, when you water, the sun will evaporate the surface water really quickly, the soil will be dry and soak the water deep into it quickly, leaving the seedling/s with very little time to gain a drink, if it were me, I would start them off in pots and let them develop a root system before putting them in the ground, good luck :)

I agree in pots you have a better control.

allready did that cut 2 2 litter pepsi bottles in half filled them up with soil and popped some holes in the bottoms then dug up the remaining 2 sprout and put them in the bottles and moved them to a shady spot closer to my house so i can watch them how big do you think these plants will get such im starting them so late????

oh and dont worry bout the clear bottle pots their underground i dug 2 holes put the 2 pots in the holes and covered them back up did that a couple times

Latest posts

Back