help please :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

l6miksicek

Reaction score
I am growing my first plant it seems healthy, but very skinny. It is growing very fast (in height), but isn't growing much in diameter. Is there any way to help it get a little fatter? What could be making it so skinny? Thank you for the help. :)

that all depend on about a gajillion diff factors really. well not a gajillion but many to say teh least. for starters im goin on a hunch ya usin CFL's maybe and that lites too far from plants or not enuff lite at all. causing them to stretch lookin for more light?

just saw . first post. welcome to MP btw. :48:

:welcome: to the site. Zipflip was right on, your are lacking in the light department. You are experiencing what is called stretch. Your plant is searching for light and not finding adequate lumens. Post what kind of lights you are using, and in what size space they are being used in and we can further help. If you haven't already found this link, read through this--->http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9396

Welcome 16. Don't forget to add a fan for circulation. The movement will add girth to your plant as well. GL

Yeah I am using two 120 watt CFL's (I have three together, but I thought two would be enough). My plant right now is about 2 feet from the lights, but it is in a small/medium sized flower pot. Could switching to a larger flower pot do anything? I have also not added anything to the soil, I have just been using regular potting soil and water, should I start adding miracle grow (or something similar)?
Thank you for all the help guys, I appreciate it!

I read some where that getting the plant to close to the light could damage it... is this true?

Do not use miracle grow. Not to be rude, but it sounds like you have a lot of research to do. I know how exciting it is to start growing and how tempting it is to just dive in and fly by the seat of your pants, but the amount of time, effort, and research you put in now will directly correlate to your final results. I would strongly recommend reading through that link I posted in my last post. (http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9396) I personally do not like cfl's, but many on here use them with success. They put off very little heat so you can almost have them touching your plants, as long as you can place your hand between the light and the plant comfortably without burning yourself than it is not too close. If it is too hot then you risk burning the plant. Get that light as close as possible, and remember the more lumens the better. Good luck.

cadlakmike1 said:
Do not use miracle grow. Not to be rude, but it sounds like you have a lot of research to do. I know how exciting it is to start growing and how tempting it is to just dive in and fly by the seat of your pants, but the amount of time, effort, and research you put in now will directly correlate to your final results. I would strongly recommend reading through that link I posted in my last post. (http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9396) I personally do not like cfl's, but many on here use them with success. They put off very little heat so you can almost have them touching your plants, as long as you can place your hand between the light and the plant comfortably without burning yourself than it is not too close. If it is too hot then you risk burning the plant. Get that light as close as possible, and remember the more lumens the better. Good luck.

:yeahthat: There is far more to this than just sticking a couple of bag seeds into dirt and putting them under a couple of CFLs...

Are these ACTUAL 120W or 120W EQUIVALENT? Do you have any fans? Anyt air movement? You almost certainly need more light and ventilation. Where is this grow and how large is it? We really need pictures for any of us to be more help.

Latest posts

Back