Help with seed germination

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HVHY

huh... you say something?
Reaction score
Alright, first of all thanks to all of you who gave me advise the other day it was really helpful; however, i do have some questions though. So i just today dropped my seeds into a glass of water and they sank, so im sure that they are still good but King bud recommended a soak how long should i soak them for? :confused:

as my seeds are ten years old and this is my first time growing i'm gonna try for an indoor grow although i know that the guy who gave me these seeds (cough cough my boss cough cough) use to grow these outside so i know these guys are gonna be hearty but any suggestions on growing these plants in doors would be great.

unfortionatly i dont know what strain these guys are otherwise i would give more information for yall and im sure it would be more helpful if i could give more info but this is all i can give you until these seeds germinate.

if i was you i would just throw the seeds in between a couple wet paper towels and put in a baggie in a warm dark place ive found out that they really dont even need it that warm its been pretty cool and just with time and patience them all germ ;) gl bro

Thanks Lowryder but thats the way they had been for 5 days with no results. like i said i know their good but i just am not quite sure what to do with them.

IMO id only let them soak overnight at most a day (24hrs) then they should be good to grow. Im not a paper towel geminating guy i like the rockwool, theres a thread i did on that HERE

I would leave them in the water until they crack open and a tap root comes out. Then you can plant the seeds knowing they are good. I do this all of the time and it works great. If the seeds are good they will germ in the water.

these guys are my precious to me, and i dont want to drown them b4 i even get the chance to transplant them. Im only up for a small amount of the day so the old bag and wet paper towel trick is preferable to me as i can stick that under my laptop while im asleep and i know they will be warm enough

HVHY said:
these guys are my precious to me, and i dont want to drown them b4 i even get the chance to transplant them. Im only up for a small amount of the day so the old bag and wet paper towel trick is preferable to me as i can stick that under my laptop while im asleep and i know they will be warm enough

Do what i do. Put them in soil about one half inch to one inch deep. Keep them wet under Florescent lights and you should have them in three days.

johnnybuds said:
Do what i do. Put them in soil about one half inch to one inch deep. Keep them wet under Florescent lights and you should have them in three days.

Worked for me as well. I don't like doing the paper towel thing personally.

smotpoker said:
Worked for me as well. I don't like doing the paper towel thing personally.

My Motto----- Wet and warm:D I had nine out of 10 sprout:hubba:

10 year old seeds, are seeds good for that long?

well the whole point of a seed is that it can last for a long time untill conditions are right, if it is taken care of properly. if seeds didnt last that long how do you think plants survived the Ice age when there was not enough warmth for them to grow. as long as the seeds are in favorable conditions they can last for a long time. this is just an experiment to see if these guys will even sprout cause if they do ive got 4 others that ill grow myself and 5 that ill pass on to my cousin who just had 4 plants die all of the sudden after transplantation they looked like they were gonna be strong but they didnt handle it well and all 4 croaked.

Latest posts

Back