hermie seed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shuggy4105

The grass is greener...
Reaction score
hi folks, if i use seed acquired from a "hermie" plant, will the offspring have a hermie trate?
cheers:peace: :eek: :peace:

I think there is a high percentage of it being a hermie(the plant from seed) but it could be a male or female too.

If the seeds were from a "hermie" pod, then yes, it also will be hermie.

sorry shuggy this might be off topic.. but how are you able to get feminized seeds

I've heard you can stress females with changing the light schedule and the pollen will produce females but i'm not sure. I know that the science behind this is the pollen will only have female genes so if you pollenate another female with the pollen from a hermied female it would produce all fems. I have no experience in this area however so i'm not sure.

Stoney Bud said:
If the seeds were from a "hermie" pod, then yes, it also will be hermie.
Are you meaning if a hermie plant sexes itself ? That would make sense because the seed would only be getting hermie genes but if you sexed with another plant then the seeds would also be getting regular genes and not just hermie so wouldn't you get hermies, males and females? Am I making sense or sounding ignorant:(? I mean, I don't know for sure i'm just making a guess.

bombbudpuffa said:
Are you meaning if a hermie plant sexes itself ? That would make sense because the seed would only be getting hermie genes but if you sexed with another plant then the seeds would also be getting regular genes and not just hermie so wouldn't you get hermies, males and females? Am I making sense or sounding ignorant:(? I mean, I don't know for sure i'm just making a guess.

I guess it may. I would sure hate to be the one trying to sort that out. When I get a hermie, it goes to the landfill, seeds and all.

Stoney Bud said:
I guess it may. I would sure hate to be the one trying to sort that out. When I get a hermie, it goes to the landfill, seeds and all.

Hermies = useless?

Stoney Bud said:
Understandable...precautionary action.

that all depends, i got my seeds from a female pollentated by a hermie and ended up with 80% female and no males and one herm, although i cant say what you would get from a hermie thats pollenated itself...i guess that would just make retards...~im laughing to myself~

Latest posts

Back