hermie?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunakard2000

Reaction score
im guessing so, infact im pretty darn sure i have a hermie... i currently have 2 sour diesal girls in flower or so i thought, i LSTed and scrogged one since its my first go with scrog just wanted to get the basics down first before a full blown 6+ plant scrog... anywho the one thats scrogged looks fine and the other is throwing a single male flower at the bottom of the budding nodes, and it also looks like only a few branches had male flowers at the bottom of the buds and those branches that did have male flowers only had them on the lower nodes on the branch about the bottom half of nodes on the branch. so yeah im pretty sure i got a hermie, but since the male flowers only seems to be growing on the bottom nodes of the branches should i clip all the growth on the lower half of the branches below where its all female? or just scrap the whole plant? i have another sour diesal and a kosher kush i could throw into flower in its place, along with an order of Purple Kush seeds comming in a week or so. what do yall think, would eliminating the lower nodes cull the male flowers or will they continue to pop up at the bottom of buds?

If it was mine and I had plenty of others I would toss and burn that sucker and throw away the seeds... That is just me. There are other views.

im kinda leaning that way myself, i have 2 unsexed plants in veg that i havnt thrown into flower yet was gonna actually do that today and while watering i noticed the little male flower sacks under bud nodes... well i got a few things to do before i get the chance to get back in there and move things around... possibly go all lumberjack on a certian hermied plant >_>

You know you will have to take everything out and spray down the room to kill the pollen. Go all lumberjack.

get to cutting that plant down or you other females will be full of seeds.

it is done... all but the current female, until i see otherwise and the kosher kush, that was a gifted seed so its good, no bag seed just hope its a female, guess ill see in a week or 2. im not too afraid at the moment about pollen, the make flower sacks were all small and unopened when i pull the plant and trashed it, ill take my chances for now i cant lose everything and wait on seeds. once i get my order ill finish out these 2 and then do a good cleaning. thanks all for the advice thats what i was thinking just needed someone to confirm for me, as for the SD in scrogg atm... shes lookin all kinds of healthy, screens about 75% filled out and tomorrow is end of week 3 so ill ride this one out.

At least spray the plants with water, although it may be too late if he was in the room with them.

Latest posts

Back