HID went out ...help plz

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yyeeppp throw in a few bongs ..consider warranty..don't unscrew it or warranty will be viod..let it sit for an hour or 2...wait for results about the bulbs...rattling ! GOOD LUCK !

ballast is dead should have refired in 30 min could be the cap but with out a tester there is no way to tell except buy a new one.

I'd vote with JohnnyRotten--capacitor or starter. You can get either where you bought the ballast. I'd guess you don't live near either of the HTG Supply stores. My grow store guy tattoos the bulb base when you buy them and will test it if you need. But if you purchased online, well....it's hard to get a test online. Good luck.

Welp, bad news i guess ...I'll be contacting HTG soon... But testers and any kind of repair is basically out of the question for me ...Might take that road after i take care of the warranty if i don't have to ship back ...But thanks anyways folks ... Would you think that my 55w T5 w/ 2-2'foot 3000K bulbs will be ok for a few days until i get another shipped ??? it's supposed to put out over 10,000 lumens , but that's nothing compared to the HID in the small space i was using ... I'll be roughly 4 weeks in 12/12 thursday...

Hey it's better than nothing and if you can go get a couple cfls and add to it. Some light is better than no light and when you get you HID going they should be ok I would guess...Take Care..

lordhighlama said:
Ya but PencilHead not all of us are as fortunate as you and can buy locally. Some of us have no choice and have to buy online.

Not really sure how lucky that is--it's gotten to where I'm pretty nervous about parking in front of the hydro store.

PencilHead said:
Not really sure how lucky that is--it's gotten to where I'm pretty nervous about parking in front of the hydro store.

It's actually really lucky because if something like this happens to you, you have options on what to do. Our only choice it to wait for the UPS man to arrive. Which can take allot longer than you driving down to your hydro shop. :rolleyes:

lordhighlama said:
It's actually really lucky because if something like this happens to you, you have options on what to do. Our only choice it to wait for the UPS man to arrive. Which can take allot longer than you driving down to your hydro shop. :rolleyes:

Hear what you saying too but he sounds para like me lol.

I'm REALLY lucky theres at least 6 within half an hour of me, i've recently decided to start going to different ones cos of the para lol although i definitely found one guy whose best

Newbud said:
Hear what you saying too but he sounds para like me lol.

I'm REALLY lucky theres at least 6 within half an hour of me, i've recently decided to start going to different ones cos of the para lol although i definitely found one guy whose best

Hey were all paranoid, if we weren't we wouldn't stay on our toes and probably get sloppy. I'm just sayin' be thankfull that you have that option at your disposal. :D

Well ...talked to HTG and everything ...Didn't go as well as i hoped , but it could be worse ...After talking about the problem and telling them what's goin on , he asked if i had any knowledge of electrics ,which i don't, and offered to send the replacement parts ( starter or burner, capacitor) for me to do, he said it was pretty simple ...but since i'm not too savvy with these things i opted to just send it in to them to repair and i'll have it back in a week ...Also decided to send my bulbs to have them checked just in case ... It may seem like a lotta trouble, i know it does to me , but it'll be worth it after it's fixed ...But that's that...thanks for all the input folks , not sure how well i handled this problem ... But in the future i'll have my timer plugged into a surge protector ...

Sounds like its your best option to send it for them to do, at least when you get it back it be all good and done right.

Leason to everyone about surge protectors.

Latest posts

Back