Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People are starting to shot at houses up in here. Make me feel unsafe going out there. I don't get out much any how. But, tj goes into town all the time. Worry, all the time when he goes out. Some time he carries, he got a permit.

The Master Kush seed were promoted as tetraploid !--- Quick Glance and I'm pretty sure they are not !--
Good Weed is good weed but I had to know !--- There will be no short cut !-- I gotta make a tetraploid myself !-- Back to the pickle jars !---

I didn't know you were getting the master kush from gyspy. I doubt it is a tetra, or even a pure strain of master kush. If you are just looking for cheap seeds, he can't be beat. You might actually find something decent, but if you want something special...definitely not my first choice. Green Mojo.

I was talking with my son about the current grow and comparing it to the last grow. There a few things that will help increase THC and terpenes during the last 2 to 4 weeks of flowering. I have spoken of 1, about the temp difference of at least 10 degrees between lights on and lights off. Limiting total temp below 80, I have been using 78 with lights on and 68 with lights off. Another is decreasing humidity level to below 20% during the same time. The next is a bit harder. It's about stressing the plant, but not hurting it. THC and terpenes are defense mechanisms, so bring them out to the full extent of the genetics is to exploit that. My concern here is that this is a site where there are many beginner growers, and this is an advanced method that requires understanding what the plant is telling you. I typically do a LST and bend the tops of the plants. Some do a super cropping, some a massive defoliation of the plant, I know some who have driven a nail into the stalk and split it. These are all different types of stress to the plant...but in a controlled way and at a very specific time in the flowering portion of the grow. My son still doesn't quite get it.

Umbra I bought them just to see if they were what they said !--- I was expecting what I got !-- U should talk more about advanced grow techniques !--How else a beginner gonna learn !-- I can stress the hell out of plants without even trying !--- Gonna see if I can fish me a girl out that GDP-x-Black Rose seed !--

Umbra this stressing U talking about !--- Does 3 days in the dark before harvest do what U talking about ?

Interesting Umbra thanks...
Looks like I am going to build a veg. closet on the end of the bench in the garage..
Will be 32" deep X 6' long X 6' high
Have a four ft ,six bulb ,T5 light for it..
Will pull air from garage and exhaust is not a problem...
.....time for a puff....:48:

View attachment 20160708_150952.jpg

Keef, I think people stress their plants and get great weed but never really know why. 1 of the ways that works is under watering, but the danger is dead plants. Another is under nutes, but only the last 2 weeks. Some claim this is a flush, lol...that's not how plants work. It is stress plain and simple. There is a person who posts here, she showed some plants seriously defoliated just before going to flowering. I think Dalahaze did this, maybe she will log in and say something about why she did such a massive defoliation. Many do this because it was how they were taught, but really not knowing what it is that they are doing.

Umbra this stressing U talking about !--- Does 3 days in the dark before harvest do what U talking about ?
That is exactly what that is for. It is just a small portion of the total picture.

Interesting Umbra thanks...
Looks like I am going to build a veg. closet on the end of the bench in the garage..
Will be 32" deep X 6' long X 6' high
Have a four ft ,six bulb ,T5 light for it..
Will pull air from garage and exhaust is not a problem...
.....time for a puff....:48:

Your space is rocking my friend.

Umbra I bought them just to see if they were what they said !--- I was expecting what I got !-- U should talk more about advanced grow techniques !--How else a beginner gonna learn !-- I can stress the hell out of plants without even trying !--- Gonna see if I can fish me a girl out that GDP-x-Black Rose seed !--
There is a trick to it...stress without hurting. So if the plant could talk and it had a safe word, then you'd get it. Yes it is about bondage and tying girls up, or stripping them naked...but with their consent of course, lol.

Dala was trimming for LED, I believe she was instructed to do so by you know who.

Umbra, i was reading my journal from 2011, thanks for always being nice to me. That was a fun group back then. It is a great group now too, but you know some of those old names..

Can ya'll keep a secret? I believe the Hemp Goddess is coming to my house tomorrow!

Nes, i have meant to talk to you all day. My plants aren't starting to flower yet.. It is all dependent on the hours of day light. So you aren't doing anything wrong. Be safe out there nes. sounds scary.

-Maybe imitate the end of fall and the beginning of winter ?--Killing them slowly at the end ?-- I'm not doing it so much right now --I got plenty more to learn !-- This is school to me !-- I can't even use CO2 yet !--

Convince the girls that Winter is coming and they need to hurry and finish before the killing frost ?--- I think maybe begin dropping the temp and ease up on the water - maybe less more often !-- Then the instant U see any amber shut the lights off and quit watering !-- Take them down 3 days later ?

Keef, you get it. Indoors, we are copying outdoors...under the absolute ideal conditions.

Why is it that certain years for wine are better than others? Outdoors the environment can vary. Indoors, you are the Master.

I'm a long ways from ideal conditions Umbra --but yeah I understand !-- I'm still trying to get a grasp on the plant !--
Two weeds --Same tested THC content !--- The one with the best developed terepenes profile has a better buzz everytime !-----It's all about the entourage effect !
Same weed grown by different pharmers WILL be different !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back