Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning peeps. Bud light I always veg with T5's. I love um. You would need two or three to get the coverage for 15 plants, that is a lot of plants, do you normally run that many indoors? I use the 4ft t5's. I also use a MH, I also use led, but I really like the t5 the best for veg. You can put them right on top of the canopy and you get no stretch until you flip to flower. Very close internodes...

Well, another turkey dinner over... phewy..

No Rose I've never ran that many before but I have a bunch of BPU X BB and hippie dog and bpu X bubbalicious to sort out

Waiting on some weed to decarb for caps !-- I forgot to do it yesterday !-- I am stiff this morning !--
The way I look at growing is --I got this much space to work with -- How do I get the mostest -bestest weed for the cheapest out of that much room ? -- I get by now although I know it can be done better !-- Looking for that sweet spot !-- It's there !-- For me a rotation seems to be the way to go !-- 4 groups in bloom --a 60 day finisher -- Harvest and move another group to bloom every 2 weeks !-- I'm still juggling and trying to figure it out !-- If I can have the plants ready for bloom and if I have the cuts to replace them ready on time !
I can crank it out if I find the sweet spot and get the machine running right !

I veg under them just fine (T-5's) I bought my first 4 ft 8 bulb about 4 months ago and have never turned it off, it supplements my main grow area. I have found it is great for freshly rooted cuts. Sometimes when veg is backed up I will just veg under them. I see no problems with T-5's myself. I'm not trying to sell, promote or in any other way start a discussion about LED's I just happen to be using both LED and T-5's for cuts/ veg and wanted to offer my input. To each their own like WH said.

They look like they turned out really well weed hopper I'm definitely going to use those instead of the 400s just seems like the right way to go

Yes they turned out better then i thought they would because of ppl saying you couldn't Flower with them,,,lol,,,,also you can keep them right on top of your canopy. During Vegg i used the 6500k tubes. My plants could touch the tubes and still not burn. In Flower i changed to 3000k tubes and those i had to keep the canopy 2 to 3"" from the lights.

I veg under them just fine (T-5's) I bought my first 4 ft 8 bulb about 4 months ago and have never turned it off, it supplements my main grow area. I have found it is great for freshly rooted cuts. Sometimes when veg is backed up I will just veg under them. I see no problems with T-5's myself. I'm not trying to sell, promote or in any other way start a discussion about LED's I just happen to be using both LED and T-5's for cuts/ veg and wanted to offer my input. To each their own like WH said.

Thank you very much Kraven I really appreciate your advice the T5s are definitely looking good to me especially when it comes to prices Plus it will give me time to save for some good LEDs for the budroom seeing's how that one sucks the most power

I just want to say I really appreciate everyone here at MP I would really be lost if it wasn't for you guys just want you guys all to know I really appreciate everyone and all your advice and help

Won't be no argument from me about what works best cause I sure as hell don't know !-- This where I'm at and this what I'm doing now !-- Take my LEDS away and replace them with something else then I would adapt and continue to march !-- U know all these seeds I always be popping ? -- Sounds crazy ? --- I'm looking for something !-- I need a production plant !-- I'm not gonna have to go back to the drawing board and have to learn what a new variety wants !-- I don't need but one or 2 production plants !-- What it comes down to is how much per gram is this gonna cost and how much is it worth ? -- Everything in between pays the bills !--

how big is your veg area? i vegged a 16 square foot area under a 400w mh very well. for flower it should be double.

My rooms are 4 x 8 for the babies I have T5s in there I think it was 8 x 16 in my bud room witch 6 1000s veg room is 8 x 8

Won't be no argument from me about what works best cause I sure as hell don't know !-- This where I'm at and this what I'm doing now !-- Take my LEDS away and replace them with something else then I would adapt and continue to march !-- U know all these seeds I always be popping ? -- Sounds crazy ? --- I'm looking for something !-- I need a production plant !-- I'm not gonna have to go back to the drawing board and have to learn what a new variety wants !-- I don't need but one or 2 production plants !-- What it comes down to is how much per gram is this gonna cost and how much is it worth ? -- Everything in between pays the bills !--

You were very right Keef because if it starts costing you more money in electricity then it's really not worth it running all these big lights for the little things I think is going to cost me more money and electricity than production is worth that's why really wanted to switch out from the 400s

I will say this,,,Krav is kicking butt with his LEDS. Better then sticking PJ,,,:rofl:

Just playing guys,,,i always liked giving PJ a hard time cause he could be an *** at times. Yehaaaaaaaaa

They all different stages of bloom -- That B.B.and the last of the Bubblicious up in front of the box be coming out soon !-- I don't like the way Bubblicious grow but she got a bunch of mixed up terepenes that could contain something nice I just don't got the time and space to mess with it much !-- Bred her to the B.B. anyway !--
My first goal in grow like everyone else was to supply us with a reliable source of good medicine !-- Take my weed away and I'm a psycho !--
So we finally got there now I can mess with stuff and get better !
I saw that shatter pic NCH posted and a whole list of questions and answers popped into my head !-- Variable like potency of the mother weed -- How a 10% increase in production in the same space would affect final product and how a plant that had even a 5% increase would affect production value !-- How a plant with a high resin production could affect how much bottom line !-- NCH gave me a headache with those pics !--
I need to just find my Frankenplant that stomps all over 30% THC and has resin dripping off it !-- Then I can work !

Hell yes Kraven rocks it !-- It gives me hope !-- I get what I got tuned in and I know if I add CO2 I can increase production !-- I got lots to learn and no better place to learn about growing weed than right here !

Good morning OFC. Bud, I use the same T5 setup as everybody else does...because it works. My seedlings and clones are in a 2 x 8 closet with 2 4ft 8 light panels. I also have a 4 x 8 tent with 2 1K MH for more veg. The garage is 24 x 16 and I run 4 ac/de HPS and 2 regular air cooled 1K HPS. NCH runs the same T5 setup for his clones.

Umbra this is the most you've ever said about your grow except for bloom !-- I'm intrigued !-- I have often wonder about the rest of your set up !
For bloom my spare room is almost that big !-- I just got that power usage problem !-- I don't mind paying for the power just don't want any red flags !-- I guess that will be good in the long run squeezing every thing I can with the minimum power !-- Don't mean I have to like it !-- I'd have that spare room up and running right now but I got do some of that baffling first !-- House is all electric !-- I be switching to gas slowly as I increase the grow !-- Maybe Double the grow and keep power usage the same !

Kraven I had a hellova time getting that Pink lemonade to ferment -- Took a couple attempts but it's about done now !-- I probably start freezing off the whole 8 gallons in a day or 2 !- Got no idea how it'll taste !-- I can bring the pH down again with citric acid ( doesn't everyone keep citric acid and a few other handy chemicals around ) but first I want to try something else !-- Hope it wasn't all a waste !--
Because of Umbra I had to find some pomegranate juice concentrate !-- Never made any pomegranate Wine but if they like it California I'll see what I can do !

Keef, I've shown the veg and cloning sections it's just not that sexy when compared to the garage. Right now I have enough clones to fill the garage, plus a few moms, plus all the seedlings. I have never had pomegranate wine, just seen it for sale driving thru Gilroy. Never had the garlic ice cream either. 1 of my sisters that came to see me drove thru Gilroy on her way and she and my BIL were going to try some of the ice cream. She was the director of product planning for a Fortune 500 food company. She started in their dairy division and they make most of the ice cream that other companies put their name on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back