Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a handle on it !-- I checked it out Umbra !-I'd like to have an easy way to check check pH at a glance and also nute water levels but I do it to one box I have to do it to all or it doesn't help me !--- Dam I'd like to experiment with different lights too but this is what I got to work with !--- Right now I got 9 boxes working each self contained and I got more planned !-- It's too expensive to put one in each !--- All I had to do was put enough nute water in my boxes and run the pumps 15/15 !-- Runs about 76-77 !--- That's why people have trouble with aerocloners !- They run it on all the time and even the 40 spot original that I bought only held a few gallons of water !-- U run the pumps all the time U gonna have problems !-- I put about 12 gallons in my grow boxes !-- More nute water means things happen slower !--

U need to sign your son up with the Peace Corps or something Umbra !-- It would be just like that Tom Hanks movie " Volunteers" !-- Tell him the mafia after him and put him on a plant to Thailand! --

Hay Keef which Mars are you using again I'm looking for a LED for veg but can't be hard on the budget

Mars 300 Reflector Series !-- Cost about $175 US !-- Middle of the road LEDs but not much light spread cause the chips are recessed and each has a little Reflector cone that points the light straight down !-- Kraven runs the good ones !-- There's better and worse but these work O.K. !

Keef they only need to be able to veg them to maximum 16 inches to 2 feet then I will be doing like you said putting them under the 1000s I think what Kraven runs would be overkill but I'm still learning and asking questions

I was thinking about them as well Rose do you have to buy a special fixture for them when I was looking online they didn't look much cheaper then the Mars do. Do T5 lights Run off a special ballast or did they just use a regular fluorescent ballast

I've seen several people using the T-5s !-- They must work well !-- I feel I'm still learning how to use these Mars LEDs !-- If I didn't have to hide or worry about setting off a red flag with my power bill I would experiment with different lights !-- I think NCH uses some double ended "Gravitas " or something like that !
Forgot what Umbra uses cause he just changed I think ! -- I've seen a great improvement in LEDS since I got my first one several years ago !-- I think eventually they'll be the way to go !-- Economically !-- Right now they tricky but I'm on it !-- I start here-- learn to use them right !--and-- later get some better ones !-- I don't know squat about growing -- I don't know squat about lights or nutes or any of that stuff !-- I'm just groping my way thru it and making plenty mistakes !-- I just about got me a whole grow system worked out !--
Still got to get my nute degree but I'm keeping them alive !-- Texas gonna be in trouble when I get good at growing and find my prize !--

Keef my dilemma is I need to have good enough light to veg 15 and I no my 2 400s is not even going to come close to getting the job done but I'm on a very low budget After setting up the other two rooms and as we all know the stuff gets expensive real quick so I'm just trying to figure out the best route to go for veging maximum 2 foot tall anyone else's advice would be greatly appreciated as well

I love my t5. 8 bulbs, but it does advertise a draw of 482 watts if I remember correctly. Next summer I will be shutting down bloom, and most likely veg. I have a 175 watt mh light I may use just to keep some cuts running.
The most attractive thing about led is the wattage.

Morning Folks
I know I am new and not much indoor knowledge.
Here is the t5 I am using
hxxp://www.ebay.com/itm/251627100147?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&var=550529357479&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
129.95 shipped

Keef my dilemma is I need to have good enough light to veg 15 and I no my 2 400s is not even going to come close to getting the job done but I'm on a very low budget After setting up the other two rooms and as we all know the stuff gets expensive real quick so I'm just trying to figure out the best route to go for veging maximum 2 foot tall anyone else's advice would be greatly appreciated as well

how big is your veg area? i vegged a 16 square foot area under a 400w mh very well. for flower it should be double.

I run a 50w draw 150 w output 3 ft led bar, it veg's strong. I upped it to 2 bars and usually just run the second bar during the last week or two of veg to give them a punch of growth. They run 179. 00 ea.

My T-5's are excellent too, I have a 8 bulb switchable 2x4 ft...but it makes a spot of heat and uses 311w according to my meter. I think either work about the same as I have run them side by side on cuts and veg for a cycle now and one does not seem to out perform another.

I'm still stuffed from Turkey day yesterday.....good morning all....coffee and a bowl for wake and bake.

Nobody vegging with T5s and flowering with HPS anymore? Just curious.

Good morning peeps. Bud light I always veg with T5's. I love um. You would need two or three to get the coverage for 15 plants, that is a lot of plants, do you normally run that many indoors? I use the 4ft t5's. I also use a MH, I also use led, but I really like the t5 the best for veg. You can put them right on top of the canopy and you get no stretch until you flip to flower. Very close internodes...

Well, another turkey dinner over... phewy..

Morning O.F.C. !
Ugh !-- Need coffee !-- It hurts when I do this !
I use those Mars Hydro LEDs cause it's what I got ! ---I be back !

Yep Keef,,,all i had when i started growing inside was a 4ft 8 tube HOT5. I grew from start to finish with them and got some pretty nice buds. Liked my T5s. They spread the light really nice. I know you seen the pics so i wont post them. But to each his own.

Thank you everyone for your advice definitely looks like I'm going to go with the T5s over the HPS

Whew, still full from yesterday....but did have a piece of pecan pie for breakfast ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back