Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do take my time trimming Nick !-- That's another reason I kinda like my midgets !-- It don't take that long to trim one !-- Then maybe I take a break stretch get another toke or 2 then take another plant !-- It would be easy to get these varieties confused if I lost a tag so when I cut a plant down I fasten a label to the stalk !-- The hang it like U say !-- My humidity in the grow room runs around 45-50 % seems to dry nice hanging there !-- Still working out this jarring and aging stuff !-- It's not like they got a little pop up thing like turkeys that says -- I'm done put me in a jar !

I started on my plants today as well. I'm doing a defoliation of the plants, then I will take the whole plant and hang them for a week or so. I might have a couple more plants than you guys though.

Maybe a few Cuz ! -- One thing is for sure -- I won't be hanging out with Umbra to help trim !-- I feel bad for U Cuz !-- I don't even want to think about that much trim alone !--

It normally takes 4 experienced trimmers 6 to 10 hours and costs $1K- $1.4K. I figure it will take me a week at 8 to 10 hrs/day.

I get bored with trimming. I start off all gung ho but pretty soon I'm ready for a break Come July 1'st I'll be trimming for a month

Gotta take my socks off and do some math !-- U got me thinking real hard about stripping the fan leaves and turning all but some for the house into hash !-- Then oil to fill the carts and wholesale them !-- I needs to know percentage of value it cost to trim ? -- If I have to grow 20% more to avoid trimmers it might be worth it just to avoid the hassle !-- Plus seems I could still keep the pharm hid !-- Avoid the hassle and the exposing the pharms location to trimmers ? -- They been hunting me too long for me to say oh joy the laws has changed !-- Hey look everyone this is where my pharm is !-- I ain't like that !-- No need for anyone to see the pharm I don't know !

Nick breaking up the trimming was part of why I went to this 8 part rotation !-- I trim a little every week instead of getting slammed after a whole room turn over !-- When I take a box the last weeks harvest is about dry enough to jar !-- Trying to work me out a dam production system down here !-- I been at that place where U got a good outside grow about ready to harvest one day --then the next day U got stumps !
Then U have to wait a year for another chance !-- Nope! -- I ain't playing that no more !

Evening OFC. Rose, I'm sorry I burn NL. I am heart broken. I think I fertilized to soon. The next time I start a grow. I think I will start 1/2 organic. I guess anyway you go you have to learn the ropes. I'm dreaming of a frosty grow.

Hi Nick. Are you a water farmer? I still don't have the right system set up. I got to stay on it all the time. Open this widow. Maybe a door. I need that output fan installed in the ceil.

:bong2: Wish I could fine my bong, I have two and they just up and disappeared. Keef, how are you liking your glass pipes?

Ness I wish I could help but aero is all I know anymore !-- Not much guessing !- I know what will work for me but what I do does limit my plant size ! -- So I just use more small plants instead of a few bigger ones !
Might be a problem for some but I can grow several varieties in one box !-- Got a nice variety jarred !-- Only thing is I like them all !

Loving the glass pipes Ness !-- D.D. coming in Sunday for a few days !- She excited to get her the one she had delivered here too !-- She had also ordered some kind of glass pipe cleaning solution works great !-- I woulda just used Everclear!

Out of six plants I got three that are doing O:K. I still don't know if they are girls. Will see. If I end up with just one. I going scrog it. Have a good Evening OFC.

Ness I got one Bubba's Momma plant I'm sexing and no more seed !--If it is a boy I'm outta luck !

Loving the glass pipes Ness !-- D.D. coming in Sunday for a few days !- She excited to get her the one she had delivered here too !-- She had also ordered some kind of glass pipe cleaning solution works great !-- I woulda just used Everclear!

alcohol and coarse salt

Hi Nick. Are you a water farmer? I still don't have the right system set up. I got to stay on it all the time. Open this widow. Maybe a door. I need that output fan installed in the ceil.

I am strictly a dirt farmer. Here's my secret formula now that I buy everything. I grow in a mixture of:
2 parts organic potting soil
1 part peat moss
bag of perlite as apropriate
vermiculite the same
1 cup lime per 80 lbs mixture above
2 cups bone meal
2 cups blood meal
1/2 cup sulphur
1/2 cup epsom salts
2 cups of worm castings

I mix this stuff up in a 25 gallon tote which holds about 80 lbs, hence the measurements.
All of this stuff is available between Wal-nart, Tractor Supply and Lowes, which is what I have available right now. I try and let it cook for a minute before I use it but sometimes I go right to it. I place seedlings in this straight away and up pot twice on the way to flower. Only after flower do I start to supplement them. The Alaska brand supplements I mentioned are liquid and I use them usually starting about the 4th week of flower by mixing one capful of each in a gallon of water. They will get that once a week and also 2 tablespoons of molassas onece a week. About every 2 weeks I give 'em a teaspoon of epsom salt in the water just to keep 'em happy.

Umbra that's what I was guessing !-- Smells like alcohol got crystals in it !-- D.D. be shopping and she see something she just order it for me to see what I think !-- I don't know these things !-- Closest I ever had to a glass pipe is a plastic bong I got high and stepped on !-- Plastic don't come back from that !-- Most all the pipes I ever had I made !

Some things I have learned the hard way some I read & some I grew up with but here's what i know. Dirt is easiest, even a doofus can grow something in dirt. Aero like Keef does is probably the fastest, and pretty forgiving for having pumps and such. 5 gal buckets DWC is the easiest water farming and flood and drain the most productive.

There is no substitute for lights when it comes to growing. My hps produce massive yields but lotsa heat. The leds are better at quality bud but don't produce as much quantity and are color specific. A flowering spectrum light and a vegging spectrum light are better (and more powerful) then one that does both.

Lastly, If you want quality bud, keep your flowering room below 80 degrees at the point under the lights. I can tell you this was the thig I addressed last and the thing that made the biggest difference in quality. I hope this helps you out. Just ask if you need anything else.:farm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back