Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am reading Teaming with Microbes... very cool.

Good morning. DId you see that thread here where a peep opened a bag of soil and found mushrooms? Go look at it and comment please Umbra.. or all ya all.

Rose that is part of the reason I like water pharming !-- U don't ever really know what is in dirt ! U guess about nute levels and watering !-- Too many unknowns !-- Right Now I'm thinking 32 of my boxes in bloom will give me what I want !- 2 boxes in a meter - this rotation would allow a meter harvest weekly !- T.E. dad on a Williams Wonder mom should give me potent weight for extraction and e-cig liquid production !-

Hey Keef, yes I've done ebb n flo, nft, and dwc. The nft was aeroponics in my mind. I used plastic rain gutters with a 3/4" pvc tubing running inside the gutter with small holes drilled into the pvc. It sprayed the plants and they were sitting on an absorbent material, thus the nft portion. It didn't allow for growing multi strains from seed very well. Since all the plants received the same nutes and grew at different rates and had different heights, I found it hard with my type of growing.

so 1 of the different things I'm reading are the light cycles in the greenhouse for horticultural flower production. I am going to have to see if they work or make sense. So veg cycle would be 2 12 hours cycles broken down as 12 on 1 off, followed by 30 min on, 30 min off for the other 12 hours. Flowering cycle is 6 on 18 off. Hmmmm

I am reading Teaming with Microbes... very cool.

Good morning. DId you see that thread here where a peep opened a bag of soil and found mushrooms? Go look at it and comment please Umbra.. or all ya all.
Tim's book right

U right about different strains in the same nute ratio Umbra !-- That's why I'm limited in how many varieties I can grow at once !- I plan on 4 varieties and when I say something like " it'll take me another 6 months to develop the T.E."-- That means I gotta grow it in a general O.K. nute solution until I have enough clones to run a SOG of the variety - then I can begin to dial the nute solution to the plants sweet spot !- I won't have the T.E. growing to it's full potential until after the first of the year ! Oh! I'll be growing it but each cycle I'll get a little closer !-- That's why I decided to get ole Willy in here and work them both at the same time ! My Black line Widow, The T.E., Williams Wonder and room for a cross!- Take me a year to tune them all in ! One box one variety !

umbra, my first batch of brokashi (dried) ,Is not enough to plant the rest of my plants. I have the second batch just finishing the 2 week fermenting. My question is .....Can I use the wet new batch just like the dry batch? or should I dry it out first.
frost here tonight and tomorrow night.... looks like a Sunday planting of the last 8 girls. The 4 greenhouse girls took right off after planting . I think they like the freedom.

U right about different strains in the same nute ratio Umbra !-- That's why I'm limited in how many varieties I can grow at once !- I plan on 4 varieties and when I say something like " it'll take me another 6 months to develop the T.E."-- That means I gotta grow it in a general O.K. nute solution until I have enough clones to run a SOG of the variety - then I can begin to dial the nute solution to the plants sweet spot !- I won't have the T.E. growing to it's full potential until after the first of the year ! Oh! I'll be growing it but each cycle I'll get a little closer !-- That's why I decided to get ole Willy in here and work them both at the same time ! My Black line Widow, The T.E., Williams Wonder and room for a cross!- Take me a year to tune them all in ! One box one variety !
I think that is the best way for you to run them

There is a guy here that use to run a dairy. Then he found out that the composted cow **** made more money than the milk. he closed the dairy and started buying all the other dairy's ****. now he is a grow dirt mogul. so I bought a couple truck loads when I did my yard. Now I get all kinds of mushrooms in my yard. some are small brown ones I'm pretty sure they are magic mushrooms. I need to find out for sure. But all the pot growers love his bagged soil.

umbra, my first batch of brokashi (dried) ,Is not enough to plant the rest of my plants. I have the second batch just finishing the 2 week fermenting. My question is .....Can I use the wet new batch just like the dry batch? or should I dry it out first.
frost here tonight and tomorrow night.... looks like a Sunday planting of the last 8 girls. The 4 greenhouse girls took right off after planting . I think they like the freedom.
Yes you can use the wet bokashi. Once the EM1 has fermented, and you can easily tell once the ph drops to 3.7, it can be used.

so 1 of the different things I'm reading are the light cycles in the greenhouse for horticultural flower production. I am going to have to see if they work or make sense. So veg cycle would be 2 12 hours cycles broken down as 12 on 1 off, followed by 30 min on, 30 min off for the other 12 hours. Flowering cycle is 6 on 18 off. Hmmmm

It isn't good to have an opinion until you have more facts..that said... that sounds really weird umbra...

Keef, i love the soil, remember I used to look under cow pies for fun. I will always do organic dirt. LOVE IT.. But i appreciate all the different kinds of ways there is to grow our lovely plant.

Bozzo, think the magic ones are purple, at least the ones I picked off the cowpies back in the 70`s were. Where I lived then, there was a cow pasture over my back fence. Jump the fence, pick the shrooms, make a tea and drink it. Tried eatin` em, but they tasted too nasty. Nice buzz.

Rosebud they end prohibition and I can grow outside I'll be driving U guys crazy with questions about growing in dirt !-- I know my peeps got the answers to anything that comes up ! It's just one of those things - for now I just need to do the best I best I can with what I'm doing !-- circumstance brought me here so I'll be doing best I can where I'm at !-- I got no variety loyalty or growing style loyalty !-- I hope one day I can work with some sativas !--RWS gonna get some overtime working with the twins gonna get the bills caught up and buy Keef some more grow stuff !-- Rose THOSE twins !

Umbra that light schedule U were describing is kinda strange but U never know less U try !- it's doesn't sound like increasing or decreasing time schedule !- How does that apply to Roses - Rose ?- spill the beans ! Keef be chillin this evening gonna get tight and fall in on the grocery store !-- Gotta get me some ribs, brisket and stuff for the smoker !- I got double skills - growing weed and smoking meat !

You are very talented Keef. Roses? They do what ever mother nature tells them to. This year she told them to bloom several weeks early..

I missed the twins, what twins?

Evening OFC, just chilling out with a bowl, headed back to work early tomorrow morning so off to bed soon.

It isn't good to have an opinion until you have more facts..that said... that sounds really weird umbra...

Keef, i love the soil, remember I used to look under cow pies for fun. I will always do organic dirt. LOVE IT.. But i appreciate all the different kinds of ways there is to grow our lovely plant.
I agree, it is contrary to everything I have ever read. My son and I have decided we will run a small batch with T5 and see what happens for early veg. Then do the flowering cycle and see. I understand manipulating the light cycle, and interrupting the light cycle, just not to this extreme. It sounds like it would create hermi's, but I believe that the hermi trait is genetic and not environmental. Interesting idea to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back