Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BEEMER I found mold fix. the grow store guy finally gave a good tip, No Powdery Mildew. Best I found. Its geranium oil and citric acid. works wonders. I am trying a test. the dead leaf that probably means bud rot showed up. The bud was ok , but I took it off . Then sprayed good on that part of the stem. I just wonder if it works for PM. How about bud rot. give it a shot.

the 3 friends I gave clones this year report zero mold. So my clone closet is ok ,but the outdoors area has got to be fixed. the sulfur burner will be going for weeks. I wonder ,is there an outdoor spore killer for off season use? I what want commercial growers use.
I now have 3 fans running out there all the time. 2 in greenhouse and 1 outside.
no sign of PM in 10 days so all is good there.

Good weed to you bozzo. Did the grow store have it in stock or did you make it up yourself? Sound like I will be trying it.

Good weed to you bozzo. Did the grow store have it in stock or did you make it up yourself? Sound like I will be trying it.

in stock 45 dollars ...makes 5 gallons. works get it quick. great stuff. best stuff I have found and natural oils. was using peroxide and water but this keeps it away for much longer

Bozzo - not sure about the rent. -- Lots of the snowbirds come down in R.V.s -- since they started this Eagle Ford Shale project property value have went up about 25 % -- everyone wants an island home !- many of the snowbirds used to have a second home here but most seem to be selling out ! Now they putting in a big water park Down the road !-- property values go high enough or a hurricane wipes us out -- I'm going back to the swamp ! There's places that can't be found unless U know where they are ! Spiders big as dinner plates -- snakes U can mistake for logs !- alligators big as a cow !-- things and stuff out in the pitch black night -- bad things !!-- things that are afraid of me !

It ain't just me ! Swamp people will make some Gumbo or other tasty dish outa just about anything we can catch !

It ain't just me ! Swamp people will make some Gumbo or other tasty dish outa just about anything we can catch !

I learned quickly that you never tell a Cajun cook to "make it the way you eat it".
Took care of my hemorrhoids, though.

You queered swamp living for me when you mentioned spiders as big as dinner plates. Snakes and gators are cool, though.

keef,
Let me ask ya something OK. How long can you go away and leave your garden running on it`s own for ? My way of growing let`s me go away, stay 3 or 4 nights, come home and all`s well. Besides, I`m too cheap to go buy all the crap I would need to be a water grower. It`s all fun bro, just keep doin` it.

Yoop -- as I get more experienced I'm beginning to trust my system more and more !-- I like being around but if I had to I would trust it for a week or two ! Don't be talking about it being too hard or too expensive !-- the storage boxes cost about $10- the pump $20 - $10 aquarium air pump -- and a timer for the pumps ! I checked my power bill last April and the April before when I wasn't growing inside ! The bill was higher for the month I wasn't growing ! as far a nutes !-- I use three concentrates and PH. Down !-- One is a water conditioner and I use a grow solution and a bloom solution . About $10 a quart each ! I use 5 cc. Of the conditioner and 10 cc. Of bloom or grow solution per gallon of water and adjust the pH. -- I don't even use a rooting solution anymore !-- Widow clones just as well with out it! Took another box of cuttings this morning ! Got a nice little A.K. sitting in the middle looking good !-- if it turns out to be a girl !-- I could end up taking thousands of clones and growing it for years !

It's Yoop's fault he got me on a roll !-- My first box was a store bought 24 spot aero cloner . Cost me $25 !-- after using it and knowing how it worked I went to the hardware store - came home and built my first big box ! I started growing in the cloner and blooming in my homemade boxes ! Added a box every time I could hustle another light !-- U can get two of my boxes in one square yard / meter ! How long could my boxes go unattended ? I'm not ready to take the risk yet but possibly a month or more !-

just checked the triclones .they are purple stem white head mushrooms. prettiest little things.

heck I can't leave mine for more than a half hour or I get panic attacks .

PICS! PICS! PICS! We need pics, bozzo! I gotta see them pretty purple stems!

Keef, I'm with you, except I never bought any store bought boxes. Plastic storage boxes, bulkhead fittings, and a cheap Harbor Freight pump works wonders for building a R-DWC. I'll bet the dirt growers spend more on soil than I do boxes and nutes.

As I am reading about your powder mildew issues, I can tell you that it is systemic, that regardless of what you do, you will not eliminate it. All you can hope to do is control it. My area of expertise is Infection Prevention and Disease Control, I work with destroying micro organisms all day long. My best results have been with using lactic acid bacteria sprayed on the plant during lights off. Any clones taken from a plant with white powder mildew, will also have it. It is much harder to deal with once you have it than to prevent it. It is cause mostly by poor air flow and high humidty and eliminating those problems will go a long way in preventing the problem in the first place.

i have wanted to go dwc, but just haven't collected a meter yet. soil is pretty easy to come by here. don't ask about hydroponic stuff around here, you get that deer in the headlights look. i know i can get them online but prefer not to. i have had to use pool test strips to test ph, now i say the heck with it. i pull the water from the hose and let it set a day or two then use it. i'm not having any ph problems so i guess i'm lucky to have some good city water. i know if i go hydro them days are over.

As I am reading about your powder mildew issues, I can tell you that it is systemic, that regardless of what you do, you will not eliminate it. All you can hope to do is control it. My area of expertise is Infection Prevention and Disease Control, I work with destroying micro organisms all day long. My best results have been with using lactic acid bacteria sprayed on the plant during lights off. Any clones taken from a plant with white powder mildew, will also have it. It is much harder to deal with once you have it than to prevent it. It is cause mostly by poor air flow and high humidty and eliminating those problems will go a long way in preventing the problem in the first place.

yep your right .just trying to get them home. will get it right next year. will be doing better prevention . and better air flow. have 2 fans in greenhouse and one outdoors. they are doing ok with this stuff. its geranium oil and light acids. both years I have got the mold, it was from bad clones. wont happen again. had to rip the bad ones ,and treated the lightly infected ones. I know it will creep back ,but I inspect them everyday. outdoors, you got bugs and mold ......but the girls and I are happy outdoors. thanks for the reply

Attachments

• 030.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 039.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 042.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 37
Umbra U shouldn't have told us your area of expertise -- We will ask question as they arise ! Just had to check today and my seed look mature !-- I'm mentioned my Widow was thriving more each cycle ! I was expecting another week but some of it is already ripe !- I want to see those purple stem tricomes too !--

Anyone who grew PPG this year and weren't happy with it -- let me know !-- can't fix this crop but maybe there 's something we can do about future crops ! Wake and Bake in the morning ?? Be there or check in when U can .-- I was thinking (always a dangerous thing ) -- Some of our people can't make the Wake and Bake !-- We need another service sometimes in the afternoon /evening ! -- What would we even call such an event ?? Anyway just another stoner thought !

Found another strain I gotta have !-- Medicine Woman !-- maybe even a cross of Medicine Woman and some good O.G. Maybe something like Larry O.G. !-- I would love to cross my indica heavy Widow on that Medicine Woman !-- Since I spent 20 years scrubbing for surgery -- I see it as a sign I'm on the right path ! Medicine Woman on My widow then put a good Black on it do a little tinkering with it -- might be a contender !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back