Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did I tell you the story of how I beat Minnesota Fats in an exhibition 9-Ball game? I have the cue-ball to this day.

There was a grand opening of some dept store and they had a table set up. I showed up with an acquaintance to see what was going on just as Fats said he needed someone from the audience to play him.

Everybody was waving, and I just stepped through the ropes and picked up a pool cue. He turned, startled, and said, "Looks like we have a volunteer! You want to go first?"

I knew I was dead if I broke them, so I said:

"You break."

"Then you don't get to shoot!"

The crowd roared with laughter while my sperm curdled. Fats crashed the rack -- balls went absolutely everywhere. But in.

My turn now. Firm lip, chin up, bowels dissolving... I saw an easy shot and took it. Shot another. I was not planning on the next shot each time, just shooting to get it in and then go see where the cue ball was. Lining up on a third ball...

"THIS GUY IS A STRAAAAAIIGHT SHOOTER!"

I looked at him, and he took out an enormous handkerchief and blew his nose. This made his belly rise up a full six inches and drop down again. <-- To the applause of the crowd.

Now that I was fully concentrated, somehow I got the fourth ball in. Then missed.

Fats clearly felt like he needed to show who's who and Bob's yer uncle, so bingety-bang-pock-crack-zing in about thirty seconds, there was the last ball slap in front of a corner pocket with the cue ball about eight inches away.

Instead of simply sinking it straightaway, he did a three-bank shot to the far end and back. It hit the eight ball in.

And then the cue ball followed it. I won.

I distinctly heard Fats say, "Shit!"

But the crowd saw it as a masterful finish: No balls left on the table.

My acquaintance (later a screw in a prison) joined the crowd clustering around Fats -- and without my knowledge, palmed the cue ball out of the corner pocket.

He handed it to me in the parking lot. It still has the blue marks on it.

Workin' Walt's last nerve, ain't cha? 🤪

Just stuffed myself full of vermicelli and sauce, cheese soup, and toasted garlic bread. I can't breathe.
Had to get on the net and see if the burger had been recalled. Something like 11K pounds got recalled for e.coli. If you've recently bought any, check www.usda.gov and see if you've got the bad one.

Workin' Walt's last nerve, ain't cha? 🤪

Just stuffed myself full of vermicelli and sauce, cheese soup, and toasted garlic bread. I can't breathe.
Had to get on the net and see if the burger had been recalled. Something like 11K pounds got recalled for e.coli. If you've recently bought any, check www.usda.gov and see if you've got the bad one.
Oh shoot I forgot the catch phrase
TINS.........................

Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Mostly clear, with rain in the afternoon predicted, starting at 42F and predicted to reach 62F.

Off to the gym this morning and then working on an article and testing the CBD/CBG gummies.

Check out the statistical causes of death in the US:

deaths by cause.jpg

61 and cloudy here in Raccon City with rain on the way. Can't really complain after the last couple of beautiful days. The boiler's been retired for the season and the AC is working.
I'm heading off to the gym this afternoon to do some 24 ounce curls. Gotta keep that upper body strength working. :)

Good morning brothers and sisters! Hugz all around!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Rain, rain, and more rain today, starting at 45F and predicted to reach 52F. My daughter reported no electricity and heavy flooding in the Houston area, but they stayed above water.

The glass parts that I had made for my vaporizer were completed and currently under heavy testing with my usual D-9 Isolate mix, as well as some live resin and sugar wax that I picked up locally.

Latest posts

Back