Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kravenhead,
Feel for ya bro, cause that sure ain`t no way to be treated. I can set here and say that I`d tell `em to take this job and shove it. But you have to make a living, so, I guess it`s grin and bear it time. Remember, we got your back. Good luck, don`t let the xxxholes get the better of ya.

Thanks all, I'm as baked as Virgina ham. Gonna enjoy today, hopefully interview tomorrow and then enjoy my weekend. It's all out of my hands so no need worrying. At this point I have not been let go, so I'm just on break till they get things squared away.

Good thing about weed making U forget sheet is sometimes U forgot U stuck that bag in the cabinet !- Kraven and I may have been tied in a pissed off contest this morning but if he's as high as me - we good!-- Yesterday Rose put me on the spot by asking why I don't grow indoors in dirt ! -- I've had some time to think about it so here is the pros of growing aero verses growing in dirt !- In my opinion !
1- No fear of Overwatering or underwatering
2 Precise nute control
3 More plants in the same amount of space and easier to arrange plants for equal light !
4 Plants can be quickly removed from the box for root health inspection.
5 Better pest control - Plants can be turned up side down to spray the underside of the leaves with pesticide of choice !
6 In an aero SOG light penetration is even with no problem with top of plant getting too much light while the bottom doesn't get enough!!
7 NO DOG PECKER KNATS !
8 Much better humidity control since there are no soggy buckets of dirt or open res. which can attract unwanted and unknown bugs.
9 Precise pH control - ppms measurements and knowledge of what those ppms are .
10 The ability to "dial in" the best nutes and their percentages to get the best the plant can offer !
11-- I forgot !!

Since I'm walking on water ,let offer another tidbit to my peeps!-- To protect an indoor grow from bugs or to eliminate an infestation , try this !-- They got these little scented wax balls they put in a little bowl that sits above a light bulb for heat -- the heat melts the scented wax and the scents permeates the area !-- A smart weed farmer might use a similar device except instead of wax he would pour a little pesticide of his choice in that little bowl -- When the pesticide spray in the bowl heats up the pesticide will evaporate and permeate the grow room !- Bugs breathe it in and die ! Keef's patented fumigation system !- I close the grow room and introduce the bugs to the gas chamber for about 8 hours - once a week as a prophylactic treatment !--

Keef, what bugs? Have completed 6 grows in soil, in my garage, without ANY bugs, other then mosquitos,and that`s only in the spring and early summer. Never treated my room in any way, just keep it clean. Knock on wood, cause I know that I`ve been lucky.

PS,
jerk, jerk, jerk (just jerking your chain)

Yoop - We live thousands of miles apart !-- We got bugs , bugs , bugs !- We got some that will sting U on the a** !- bet U don't have them !-- Spidermites love our weather !-- Went out to pick a few springs of dill for some fish -- some big a** green worms done eat most all my dill in one day !- Cut Worms blowing in the wind !- It hardly ever freezes so the weather doesn't kill them !- Ya'll get snow so winter kills your bugs !-- It is a constant fight trying to keep bugs under control -- I just got back from Wallymart - bought a lawn mower - some DDT and some Agent Orange to kill anything thing that grows in my rock yard out front ! They just eat bug killer like it's a treat !-- Some of this island saw grass can't even be killed with gasoline !-- It's a battle to grow weed down here - everything wants to eat it !-

When I was picking out my poisons ,I was thinking about Rosebzzz and Umbra !-- Made sure I didn't buy any poison made by Monsanto - Was careful to buy stuff made by DuPont !

Keef, was only talking about bugs in the grow room, cause we got a few outside too. Was in Florida for 4 years before here.

Yoop, back in NJ I never had bugs. They die off in winter from the cold. In Cali, super bugs from all the almond growers using pesticides for the last 50 years. These things are the BORG. You never get rid of them completely.

Rose as to your question about photosaturation indoors...I think that crazy light schedule I talked about is what this is about. That whole 1/2hr on/ 1/2hr off for 12 hours is to reach that saturation point then turn off the lights until the saturation level falls and do it again. Energy consumption wise, it will do much better than leaving it on all the time.

Yoop - We got peeps all over and we all face different problems - Look at Bozzo - fighting that mold all fall last year - I'd never have that problem but I fight the heat !-- If I had ever smoked anything U grew like that L.A. Confidential -- I'd probably tell U keep doing what ever it is U do ! I hope this new clone packing system works cause I think clones from all over the O.F.C. would like to travel ! Still looking for someone in the free states to do some shopping for those who live in the war zone ! We'd like to try some of those goodies too !--

Umbra - When I get everything healthy again - I'll try that light thing on a run ! It will either work or not and testing is the only way to know for sure !

Good morning OFC. Hope our peeps in Texass know how to swim, cause the rains cometh and cometh and cometh. Get a cup of coffee and a bowl of your favorite herb and join in on the morning session of "wake and bake". Let`s go for it.

Good thing about weed making U forget sheet is sometimes U forgot U stuck that bag in the cabinet !- Kraven and I may have been tied in a pissed off contest this morning but if he's as high as me - we good!-- Yesterday Rose put me on the spot by asking why I don't grow indoors in dirt ! -- I've had some time to think about it so here is the pros of growing aero verses growing in dirt !- In my opinion !
1- No fear of Overwatering or underwatering
2 Precise nute control
3 More plants in the same amount of space and easier to arrange plants for equal light !
4 Plants can be quickly removed from the box for root health inspection.
5 Better pest control - Plants can be turned up side down to spray the underside of the leaves with pesticide of choice !
6 In an aero SOG light penetration is even with no problem with top of plant getting too much light while the bottom doesn't get enough!!
7 NO DOG PECKER KNATS !
8 Much better humidity control since there are no soggy buckets of dirt or open res. which can attract unwanted and unknown bugs.
9 Precise pH control - ppms measurements and knowledge of what those ppms are .
10 The ability to "dial in" the best nutes and their percentages to get the best the plant can offer !
11-- I forgot !![/

Good morning ofc. Keef, the only thing i agree with on your list is 5. turning your plants over... BUt i can stick a paper plate on the soil and do it too.

!. not an issue ever.
2 don't need it i am in super soil.
3 You might have a point, i am not sure.
4.why would i need to check healthy roots???
5. already stated
6 don't have that problem
7 gnats... deal with um...no prob.
8. No soogy dirt at my house. no humidity either.
9. See Number 2
10 see number 9..
So... there my friend Keef... lets argue.

Hope everyone has a great Friday..time for coffe and marijuana!!! And to check on the bees...It's all about the bees , the bees , the bees...get it?

Gettem Rose. Set Keefer straight. Lol
Dadgum Redneck Hydro Grower

I visited a county that allows dispensaries yesterday. Everyone I went into started talking about growing is so hard to grow and it is not for everyone. I just laughed. They are pretty empty of people. There are a lot of people trying to jump into the pot business. None of them Hippie types. they are just hanging on until its legal. they all figure to grandfathered in. it's going to be the arcade of the future. remember arcades? not many left.
I'm figuring to be grandfathered in also. 2016 looks to be the time around here.3 ballot proposals going . The politicians will pass it before then if they want to write the new law.

Morning O.F.C. !-- Rose - Argue ?-- This Old Swamper didn't know about " special dirt "-- I was doing the best could indoors with potting soil - I didn't know about pH and stuff !- For decades I started seed in damp paper towels - then put them in regular dirt and then outside in 5 gallon buckets and hoped for the best !-- That list is from growing what I saw from what I was doing with what little knowledge I had !-- I've learned a lot from my friends at the O.F.C. !-- I could grow in dirt now but I'm set up for aero now and I'm gonna learn to be the best aero farmer I can ! One day when I can legally grow outside I'll be depending on my friends to help me get it right ! So no arguing !- I want to learn from U guys !- I'm just doing the best I can in the situation I'm in now ! Why do I use LEDs ?- because of heat - would love to try some of NCH's super lights but if I did I'd be busted soo quick for excessive power usage ! Just doing the best I can girlfriend !

bozzo, no dispensaries open in my neck of the woods, all closed up. Think the county you visited was my home county, where the Cup will be held. Have never visited any there. Looks like something is gonna happen soon, this year or next. We gonna live to see it ? Really starting to think so. Gotta renew my card soon, can`t forget that.

You rock Keef. Love your enthusiasm.

Yooper, me to July I think. Thanks for reminding me.

Yoop I think we gonna live to see the end of prohibition !-- I was explaining my ignorance when it came to growing weed !- 3 year's ago I didn't even know what a tricome was !-- When the fan leaves fell off and the buds got hard it was time to harvest !-- U know Ya'll are creating a monster when it comes to teaching me the right way to grow !-- Looks like I be staying on the island for at least a few days - the mainland is F' ed up !- bridges washed out everything flooded but I'm still in better shape than Hopper ! My plan is just to stay loaded until it dries up some !--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back