Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are using that stuff to treat P.T.S.D. aren't they !-- I was a mental and physical wreck and couldn't trust my thought processes after I shattered my face !-- brain chemistry could run me thru every intense emotion there is in ten minutes and then do it again !-- Weed probably prevented any further brain damage !- I was pretty much bed bound when Hurricane Katrina came to call !-- I knew there was no help coming !-- I got out of bed - dusted off my chain saw and went out to help others! I been up ever since ,mostly ! I'll tell the story of the day I fell one day but it is hard to think about !- I.should be dead or paralized !

I had a long post umbra. It got erased. I'm going to the wine and beer making shop, to get the jug and supplies. what kind of culture should I ask for? Just lactic acid bacteria. Or is there another name to ask for. I really appreciate the help and information .
Also what US genetics are real early finishers and mold resistant? I know with your brew I won't need resistant. but how about a fast finisher? The season is just to short here.my forced flowered plants always do better .

Ready or not, here comes an update on my little garden. My girls are 11 weeks old and have been on 12/12 for flowering for 4 1/2 weeks now. Tallest girl is 55 inches (4' 7").

Outside / Inside
Outside :
Invaded by wild critters (4 pics)
Inside :
Garden Girls (2 pics, 5 plants)
4 Ghost Train Haze
1 Vale' Vale' (white pipe cleaner wrapped around cage)
GTH, V'V', GTH, GTH, GTH

View attachment IMG_0467.jpg

View attachment IMG_0468.jpg

View attachment IMG_0469.jpg

View attachment IMG_0470.jpg

View attachment IMG_0471.jpg

View attachment IMG_0472.jpg

Belly full of gumbo and a pipe full of Widow !-- I'm gonna leave it with U guys out west ! It was a good day !

Big pot of fifteen bean soup on low. Smell is quaffing through the house. Kid will be happy as hell to have a hot breakfast before she goes to work.
That batch of split pea must have been good. It was a dutch oven full and there's only a couple of small bowls left.

morning ofc lets get the day started. coffee is brewing and done had breakfast. been having some small bouts with my tremors, and had been making some iso for some friends, anyway i had to redisolve it as it was to thick to dry right. i didn't have no gloves so i just used my finger, to be honest i slept great for most of the night and no tremors this morning. yall have a great day. peace

Good morning OFC. As the sun rises on another great day in Curmudgeonland, we must carry on with our morning ritual. It`s "Wake and Bake" time. Let`s do it now. Coffee and a buzz, breakfast of growers everywhere. Peace.

I'm up. No bake this morning. got to remember the cards being played. Baked does not work well with card remembering. See you all this evening. Making ISO here to giggy. My first batch got a little gooey to. second batch in right now.

I had a long post umbra. It got erased. I'm going to the wine and beer making shop, to get the jug and supplies. what kind of culture should I ask for? Just lactic acid bacteria. Or is there another name to ask for. I really appreciate the help and information .
Also what US genetics are real early finishers and mold resistant? I know with your brew I won't need resistant. but how about a fast finisher? The season is just to short here.my forced flowered plants always do better .

either lactic acid bacteria or lactobacillus is what it is called.

Morning to the O.F.C. -- I had a rough night ,-- the nightmares wouldn't stop --same thing over and over !-- I gotta do something here for myself - I don't need pity or anything - I just have to talk about sometime if I'm ever to make peace with it !-- Dec.13 1999-- I was scrubbing for a series knee Arthroscopy at a hospital in New Orleans !-- I came around a corner too fast and slipped on a wet floor. Feet went up and I tried to bust a concrete floor with my face !- When they found me they stood me and walked me thru the E.R. and put me in a van for a ride to the Worker comp. Clinic down the bumpiesst road in N.O. while I tried to hold my face together !-- The clinic took and X-ray and after an hour wait I had to ride the van back to the hospital !- I was running scared - I was afraid I might pass out I made it back to the hospital !-- When they told me I was to injured to drive and that van would take me home later !-- I knew the only one I could trust to help was my wife -- I got my keys and left even though they tried to stop me ! I don't remember the drive home but I knew they couldn't hurt me anymore !- spent 2 weeks in bed with nothing for pain but Advil -- Two weeks later I had to go back to that place of woe to have my face rebuilt ! I was terrified -- 6 months later a nose doctor found 3 bulged disc in my neck -- I've tried to convince myself this can't happen in real life - but I lived it !

Keef...I feel your pain. I have 2 in the back and 1 in the neck. I have my demons that keep me from sleeping. I just keep looking forward.

Three blown disks, arthritis from my saddle to my sombrero, severe sciatic and cervical nerve damage, carpel tunnel syndrome in both wrists, and still nursing a broken heart that Becky Vigus gave me back in '69.

It slows me down a bit, but it doesn't stop me from anything. I don't have to look far to find someone that's got problems a hell of a lot worse than I do. Pain lets you know you're still alive. Weed makes it easier to live with.

yes it does. you can tell I belong here. arthritis is just starting in my hands, but is a sign of things to come.

people my age
have started looking gross
I can't say all
and I shouldn't say most
I've seen them in the grocery
I've seen them up close
people my age
have started looking gross

My hands were the first place it started. My Old Man used to say, "Boy, hard work won't kill ya." He neglected to tell me it will damn sure mess your body up and make an old man out of ya quick.

I should have been born rich instead of good looking and humble......:)

Ya know what the bummer about this all is I remember my 80 year old dad cutting wood in the mountains, saying, "boy to feel 60 again"! WHAT?????? it gets worse?????

Keef that was a horrible story and I am glad you lived to tell it. That is nuts that they treated you so badly. I am sorry that happened.

After harvest this last weekend, i am pretty sure i have polio...kidding...but geez to walk normal would be nice. Hang in...laugh whenever possible.

Thanks for the support guys !-- This is usually when I go to ground because I don't want people to see me this way !-- The physical injury was bad but when everything U ever believed about your occupation becomes a lie it really screws with your mind ! I was in a bad mental place when this happened already !- A couple weeks before my fall I had weekend call for any emergency surgery -- One of our heart surgeons was leaving on vacation on Sunday and asked the O.R. supervisor if he could clear his surgery schedule before he left !- The boss said your lucky we have Keef and a heart team --use them ! Friday after a full days work we began a series of five heart by-pass surgeries !-- We finished about noon Sunday -- non stop -- I had to take three of the patients to the morgue !-- The Doctor made his flight on time !-- I just sat in the corner and cried !

I had a doctor blame me for a patient's death. It had nothing to do with me, but made me feel very bad. My oldest son is a radiologist. He called me the first month after he started working to tell me about a really tough day. He was contacted by the medical examiners' office that some fetal remains were being sent over and full body x rays were required. There might be criminal charges involved. So the first body bag contained a 3 month old infant that...someone used as a punching bag, as every bone was broken. The second infant had been thrown from a car at 75 miles an hr, all the skin had been torn off of its body. There are horror stories everywhere you look. I told my son...this what keeps MD's humble.

Keef, you need to cry healing tears. I would of lost it. Umbra, what your son and you went through is more then most could handle.

I was an xray tech for 20 years. I never saw anything like that. I worked in an office not a hospital.

Keef, you can cry on here anytime you need to... I got kleenex. It is all the truth and we have to deal with it. so sorry for both your stories but glad you shared them.

I''m not going to ground this time-- Umbra has talked about some horrors -- I dealt with horrors for 20 years then something in my mind broke when I fell !-- The mind doctor said I had seen too much blood , guts and death for one lifetime !-- Sometimes I can 't stop reliving each of those horrors -- it just won't stop ! The babies were the worse ! If I get all freaky and out of line -- Rosebud if I get out of line ban me - there will be no hard feeling !-- I'm gonna ride this crisis out without hiding -- something I always knew I had to do one day !-- This is me trying to heal myself ! There were just so many horrors ! I was trained at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio-- the best of the best !! But look at me now ! Thrown away like a broken piece of equipment !

Damn people, horror stories all around. Makes my close calls with the reaper seem inconsequential. Sure did see my life pass in front of me as I knew this was it at 21 years old. So, yes it definitely does happen. The worst thing about it was that I could have been 1200 miles away just by having said no and going home. 3 more times later in life, or is it 4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back