Home Thermostat to control grow room temps?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnyce1320

Reaction score
Im wondering if it is possible to hook up at home thermostat unit from lets say Home Depot and hook it up to my exhaust blower fan, set desired temp to activate blower?

Replace the "xx" with "tt" in this link. They are nice and all you need for a small set-up. CAP has a ton of stuff so look on the site you will find what you need.

hxxp://www.randmsupply.com/productdisp.php?pid=556&navid=6

still kinda pricey but i guess ill just have to cough up the cash for it....

Most home thermostats are low voltage, and unless you have a transformer between the t-stat and the fans, it won't work.:eek: You can find 120 volt units at Grainger or one of the other equipment houses:D

I have a large swamp cooler that cools my home. A friend of mine wired it to (what appears to be) a regular thermostat and it works just fine. Since a swamp cooler is mostly a big squirrel cage fan, I would think that it would work just fine.

jnyce1320 said:
still kinda pricey but i guess ill just have to cough up the cash for it....

A decent thermostat will cost you 50 bucks anyways, then add the transformer and you are already over the cost of a CAP controller.

Latest posts

Back