how big can i go

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isthatjohnstamos

Reaction score
ok so i just built a new grow room(finally with no cardboard involved) but anyway its 2'4"X2'4" and about 3' tall. i am currently doing the whole cfl grow but want to get into the hps lights so i can stop getting lame yields, and i was wondering would a box that size be able to house a 250w hps or even a 400w? I am currently a huge fan of the 12/12 grows so my plants dont get that big plus ill tie them down if i have too.

mabe a air cooled hps. watt per watt theres not to much of a difference between floros and HPS. If you have good ventilation and an aircooled hood, youll be cranking out dense big buds...

right now im running 10 cfls in there about 250w(1000w equiv) soARE YOU SAYING THERE WOULD BE LITTLE DIFFERENCE SWITCHING TO HPS CAUSE AS OF NOW HEAT IS A MINOR(sorry abourt the caps lock) problem. i calculated i was around 15-16000 lumens

right, 250 watts of floros put off the about the same amout of heat as a 250 hps. and 10 cfls arnt equivalent to a 1000 hps......:shocked:

umm, i just, and i mean JUST became a member of this site, and im not entirely sure how to post a new topic so maybe one of you could help me?

so i guess ill shop around for a 250 watt hps cause it would save me on my electric bill cause i could use all my current grow light in the household sockets to off set the addition of a new 250w hps

Tanuki said:
umm, i just, and i mean JUST became a member of this site, and im not entirely sure how to post a new topic so maybe one of you could help me?
Back at the main part of the indoor area of the forum there is a new topic tab at the top of the list ;)

isthatjohnstamos said:
2'4"X2'4" and about 3' tall.
thas only about a 5sqft area man you may even be able to get away with a 150W HPS but it will do fine with a 250W too bigger tighter buds and thicker stalks will be the reward if you go with the latter of the 2. Just be sure to watch temps and light distance with the height restriction your canopy may burn easily.

yeah the fear of burning my canopy is the only reason i havent made the switch yet. right now i feel safe having my plants just 2 or so inches from the light. how far would that be for a 250hps (i like the idea of bigger and tighter buds)

About 10" if you had air cooled hood, 12-14 with out.. All depends if you have good ventilation...

yes ventilation will help..Im running a 400 cooled and have it 7" from top of plants..My concern for you my friend is highth..with only 3' to grow...lights and container they are in may only leave 2' and then the distance from the plant leaves plant size around 1.5'? Good luck my friend

Latest posts

Back