How do I add humidity?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donkey942

Reaction score
well ive added a ceramic heater to my grow room(it was only 57 degrees F) so now im in need of adding humidity because the heater drys the air out, any suggestion?

Hey there donkey942,
That is a great question, and deserving of a fair bit of notice.

A really good way to introduce some moisture to the air, is to use a shallow dish filled with small stones. Allow the fan to blow over this setup and you will find that with just a small adjustment here, and there you will have what your looking for. Oh Yeah, you will want to put water in that shallow dish, LOL

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna:cool:

rooms 4.5ft long x 4.5ft high x 2.8 ft deep with 1000w hps lumalux rooms short but wide and it feels dry in their dont have a humidity gauge yet.

i was woundering if a humidifier (like when your sick) would put too much moister in their or not ive just found one in the basement!?

I couldnt beleive that their wasnt a sticky on this, maybe only i have this problem.

Do you have good ventilation? Are the plants kept moist? These should keep the humidity up if you don't live in a desert.

45-60% humidity is good range, hygrometers are cheap, if you feel air is dry should probly invest in one possibly one with thermometer.>)

Yes I have good ventalation and im not bringing in air from outside right now because its to cold for the room, im seeing slowed growth due to cold temps in the room so i added a ceramic tower heater and its making it dry enough in their that my eyes dry out from being in their.

A trick I like to use in dry hotel rooms is grab the rooms icebucket, fill it with water and put on end of a towel in it, and drap the other end over a chair. The towle wicks up the moisture and evaporates it into the air pretty nicely. I'm sure there's better ways to do this, but this is a cheap quick temporary fix that comes to mind...

I had the same exact problem

I tried everything bucket of water, damp towel, humidifier, etc.. and got nothing, maybe a couple % my room was in the 20's and I could maybe get it to 30%

I got one of those Ornimental Foggers (the things you put in ponds to create a misty look) the make all kinds of different styles, just shop for one without all kinds of lights on it

My RH is in the 50% area now (I put the fogger on a timer and only let it run for 10 min. a hour) and I could let it get higher

fogger.jpg

thx ill look into it, for now im going to try and use my household humidfier see how that goes and if it fails ill go and look into buying one of these.

Household humidifier works great, done it.
Those vaporizers, like when your sick, works great, done it.
In my closet, I got these little gel beads, They are for humidors, They absorb water, 300x thier size, and slowly release. I used a bowl full of those to add about 5-10% in one closet, and 2 bowls to add about 10-15%.

Latest posts

Back