how many feeding x's a day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choking_victim

Reaction score
I have an ebb and flow system set-up.
about how many times a day should I feed them. I was told 3-4 times a day by another grower.

and if so, when should I feed them..
light on, light off/ either?

choking_victim said:
I have an ebb and flow system set-up.

about how many times a day should I feed them. I was told 3-4 times a day by another grower.​

and if so, when should I feed them..
light on, light off/ either?​

3-4 times sounds good, just flood when the lights on.

I have a drip system that i keep on every other hour throughout the day. i keep it off when the lights arent running (18/6). My res depletes rather quickly. am i feeding too often?

I do 3 times a day at 15 mins a pop in my flood and drain setup.

It really depends on the growing medium. Rockwool holds a lot of solution, I've found that 3x a day reduces yield in rockwool. I switched to once a day for 1/2 hour at @ lights on.

im using hydroton. So is it the less u feed the more yield?

hey hemp are you doing rtw or recirculating if rtw lower the pump setting if recirculating id just refresh as and when needed btw if ya using clay pebbles aka hydroton id go with some watering during lights off especially if you have the correct rooms temps as evaporation will occur and when the plants get bigger they get hungry thus needing more feeding and either way with hydroton you cannot really overwater but you could possibly underwater say like a 15 min feed every 3 hours during flowering lights off.

just my tuppence when i did clay pebbles last year pump was on constantly throughout both veg and flower thereby for like 10 weeks.

uk420maan

The roots need air as well as nutrients, so if you are using Hydroton then I assume you could flood more frequently. I tried the hydroton route, but found that they were a pain in the butt, floating around and harder to get rid of than rockwool.

So keep it running all day during lights on and 15 min every 3hrs in dark? Not sure i know what rtw or recirculating is but i dont have pump settings. im not flowering yet though. Im in week 5 veg.

Latest posts

Back