How to make your own compost tea!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me and my grandfather used a method very similar for our vegetable garden and it worked wonders. Very nice link. Take care.

nice thread, ive got one floating around but i couldnt add the photos to the page like i wanted. its even easier than that and very effective. thanks for that link i like the tubing holder for the buckets makes it look clean.

Well everyone I have done compost tea in the past and I gotta say I swear by it. Get yourself a 5 gal bucket, air pump and 2 or 3 air stones 4in or so is fine, gang valve to hook up all your stones. Fill up bucket with 3 gallons of water if your using tap water run your pump to oxygenate your water for a few hours to get all the chlorene out because it kills all your bacteria/fugi. Add a gallon or so of fresh compost either store bought or homemade is cool. I add some guano either high nitrogen or high phospherus depending on the cycle my plants are in even some worm castings. You can do fine with a equal blend of bacteria and fugi. Ive read that plants in the veg cycle like more bacteria and plants that are blooming like more fugi. Add molasses for more bacteria an ounce is good and add oat bran (grind or smash up) for more fugi. I brew for 3 days then strain into another bucket then I use it QUICK because the lack of oxygen kills everything that was growing in your tea. I had to experiment with it first to find the right dose I mix in a 1/2 gal of tea with a 1/2 gal of fresh water and 1/2 the normal dose of metanaturals its my favorite veg fert. Just have fun with it and find what works for you. Happy growing ya'll :D

Latest posts

Back