Hydroponics Vegging Tent help. PICS!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So if I use the picture as an example. You would recommend putting an extra air stone into the yellow tote?

Mine works pretty much as the picture shows. Mine is a little more involved than that pic as I have 4 totes that are tied together in what is described as an "undercurrent" that connects them to the main rez which is at the same level as the plant totes. In mine, the individual totes are half full of solution so I have airstones in each of them and one in the main rez so that I make sure none are lacking oxygen.

If you use a setup that is more like the picture where the rez is beneath the plant holding totes, then you shouldn't need aeration but in the main rez as you will not be maintaining but a shallow level of water in the totes holding the plants. Most of the water that goes to the plants will drain through to the tote beneath. It is good to have a little bit of water in the plant holding totes so that the roots will stay moist when the watering pump isn't running.

I origionally had my setup this way and it worked quite well. but I changed it to allow more heighth for my plants to get taller. :)

I had planned for my hydro set up to be virtually the same as http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=184035&d=1327107055
Just with double the amount of totes and plants and with the mothers housed just at the sides (http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=204876&d=1369739927). The picture I drew, was more to display how I thought a dripper system worked.

This image is more of the system I was looking to do.... Imagine that, combined with the 3D designs I have linked.

So there will be 6 totes (4 for the 8 veggers [2 plants per tote] and 2 for 2 mothers [1 plant per tote]) and they shall all be connected to a main rez.

this will be housed in a 165 x 65 x 160/180cm size tent with an 8 bulb t5, and the veg plants will placed on an adjustable table with the main rez underneath, and the mothers will be sat at either side on insulation blocks.

hydro.JPG

That should work just fine :) I forgot about that old pic of my old setup. That system worked quite efficiently and is very similar to my brother's but is is much larger and tied back to a main res exactly like the picture you have above. His plants are set in totes on a table that is right above a large tote that is the rez. Then his flowering is similar but every 3 totes (he has about 9 sitting on a raised floor above wide shallow totes that are the rez) is on its own rez :)

tangerine dream said:
I had planned for my hydro set up to be virtually the same as http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=184035&d=1327107055
Just with double the amount of totes and plants and with the mothers housed just at the sides (http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=204876&d=1369739927). The picture I drew, was more to display how I thought a dripper system worked.

This image is more of the system I was looking to do.... Imagine that, combined with the 3D designs I have linked.

So there will be 6 totes (4 for the 8 veggers [2 plants per tote] and 2 for 2 mothers [1 plant per tote]) and they shall all be connected to a main rez.

this will be housed in a 165 x 65 x 160/180cm size tent with an 8 bulb t5, and the veg plants will placed on an adjustable table with the main rez underneath, and the mothers will be sat at either side on insulation blocks.

That seems like a lot of totes and a lot of plants for a space that size. How large are the totes?

Sorry for the long time between recent posts... just got back from a much needed break.

THG- I have not yet bought the totes, was actually looking on advice for making my own tent hydro vegging set up, I was looking at reasonable sized totes so I could have full sized netpots so these wouldn't have to be changed when moving things into the flowering room.... I suppose I could increase the tent size, as you can see in my 3d images, there is a bit of room to the right of the veg tent, and I could extend it outwards by like 1ft.

However it is very difficult to find any decent tents which are rectangular, as I can't have it sticking out from the wall too much, I am highly considering making my own grow tent as then I can perfectly fill the space I am using.

I have changed this whole grow design numerous times and would be willing to chop and change certain parts if anyone has any recommendations.

I start virtually everything in 3" net pots. If they are larger plants, I put the 3" pots in 6" pots that I have cut a 3" circle in the bottom of. The 3" pot sticks right through the bottom of the 6" pots. If the plants are smaller, I leave them in 3" pots.

If you can find a tent that is even close to the size you want, I would go with that. You can certainly make something, but it can be hard to get them light tight and by the time you buy everything, I don't think it is cheaper.

Yea I imagine I probably wont save any money making my own, it's just I can then optimise my space. Apparently the people who make the tent I was looking at have stopped making the 180cm tall ones so I will have to settle for a 160cm tall one. And like you said, it could be a bit tight in there toward the end of the veg cycle since it's only 65cm deep... I could perhaps buy that one and try to extend it with panda film, some poles + connectors & perhaps some aluminium tape to ensure there isn't escaping light ...

I just need something that isn't too deep something like ([W]165-180 x [D]65-100 x [H]160-180) but the closest I can find to that is the lower end of all those dimensions, which means it will just be tight on space... which obviously isn't favourable.

Latest posts

Back