Hydroton and soil Y/N ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warlock

Reaction score
I'm think about startting some clones in hroton and soil mixed together to get ready for a bubbler is this a good idea or not.I've had a lot of luck with soil clones and i wanred to try a bubbler but want to aleeve as much stress to plant as possible.Should i be concerned with water temps and levels for this?:confused: :hairpull: :confused:

i'm not sure I understand the question but if you are using a bubbler cloner, then yes you need to be concerned with water temp, PH, and level. Read massproducers post in the DIY section. If you are going to grow hydro do not clone in dirt, unless you intend to wash off all the dirt and risk damaging roots it is not a good idea, you don't want dirt in your system.

If you are going hydro, you do not want to invole dirt at all. You can clone in dirt and clean the roots and then put them into a system as Cadlak stated, I even did this myself. But it is a pain. I'd look up aero-cloners, cheap easy cloner for hydro.
When going hydro, it requires quite a bit more attention then soil does. If you are serious about doing a bubbler setup, I would suggest tearing through some grow journels and DIY on hydro and such. It can be quite an undertaking and a lot less forgiving with mistakes.
Best of luck

I've heard of using soil in a hydroponics medium and heard great things, but it seems just way too complicated and messy imo.

Hydroton is a growing medium. It acts as the soil for hydroponics growing. You COULD use soil and hydroton together, but I don't really see the point?

The only time I have seen hydroton and soil mixed is when the person cloning uses the hydroton as a screening method. So that the soil does not come out the hole in the bottom of the pot that they put soil in.IME

IMO, this is not a good idea. If you want to start your seeds or clones in something other than hydrotron, use rockwool or Rapid Rooters--something that has no soil. Dirt and hydro are not really a good mix. Res temps, water, levels, nute concentrations, and pH are critical in hydro.

Kool thx a bunch everyone i guess i'll just stick to my soil then.Wanted to try something new but to much attention is required for this so probable not for me.Thx you guys cleared that up for me.:lama:

Latest posts

Back