I am in desperate need of help!...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, I've expieremented with growing when I was younger, never really trying to actually grow an amazing plant, and never really had the motivation... till now. I have started my first three plants in my closet with one flourecent tube light and I have pictures of my setup on my computer if anyone wants to tell me what I am doing wrong or what I need to do. I'm not exactly sure on how long they've been sprouted, I know I'm dumb... Probably about two weeks though. They are only about three to four inches tall and I am planning on transplanting them outside in about a month as soon as spring gets here. But for now, I'm just concerned about getting them to atleast 12" tall in a month and making sure they are healthy and I'm doing this right. I live in western NC and I'm not sure when the growing season starts here so I'm not sure when to transplant them, I figured just wait till spring. Thruthfully, I started growing them before I even really read up on growing and in the last two weeks I've read so much different information and all in all, it's pretty hard to understand all of it besides the basics. Bluntly, I think I'm just confusing myself by researching so much. I have no clue what I'm doing anymore. Help would be greatly appreciated!!!:eek:

Add PurpPlz to your AIM. Its pretty simple to grow but aggrivating on a forum so just contact me.

EvryScarHasAStry said:
Okay, I've expieremented with growing when I was younger, never really trying to actually grow an amazing plant, and never really had the motivation... till now. I have started my first three plants in my closet with one flourecent tube light and I have pictures of my setup on my computer if anyone wants to tell me what I am doing wrong or what I need to do. I'm not exactly sure on how long they've been sprouted, I know I'm dumb... Probably about two weeks though. They are only about three to four inches tall and I am planning on transplanting them outside in about a month as soon as spring gets here. But for now, I'm just concerned about getting them to atleast 12" tall in a month and making sure they are healthy and I'm doing this right. I live in western NC and I'm not sure when the growing season starts here so I'm not sure when to transplant them, I figured just wait till spring. Thruthfully, I started growing them before I even really read up on growing and in the last two weeks I've read so much different information and all in all, it's pretty hard to understand all of it besides the basics. Bluntly, I think I'm just confusing myself by researching so much. I have no clue what I'm doing anymore. Help would be greatly appreciated!!!:eek:
hey bro first let me start by saying welcome to MP.i have one thing to ask first. why dont u want to continue growing in side?

I have thought about continuing inside... My problem is that I only have one 2foot flourecent tube light which I fear has already encouraged my plants to get a little lengthy and weak, so I acted on instinct and pushed a little bit of dirt up around the stem. Not a lot of dirt, just enough to stabalize the seedling. Two have grown their second set of leaves, the one I have in the middle is probably nearing a month old but I made the mistake of going away for the weekend and it didnt have any water but i revived it and trimmed the first set or leaves on the bottom off and half of a top leaf but it has kept sprouting more leaves at the top and lived, much to my surprise. So the one in the middle is very small, yet it has grown more leaves than the other two. Wow, that was a lot of unneeded information, my point was, unless I can get another flourecent light, I'm not sure if it is possible to grow inside?

In NC aren't you running the risk of getting caught outside? Last I remember NC was not on the med list.

med list? I live in the mountains kinda. I have one neighbor who's too old to leave his house really. I'm surrounded by woods.

u said u have pics? if so can u upload them on here? when ppl on this site see the babies they will help u more cause no one hear would want u to lose them. also if u can aford to spend some money there are some cheap lights out there that u can buy.oh by the way everything u said wasnt a waste. the more u ask the better. u will never know until u ask. :cool: :bong1: :joint: :bongin: :ccc: :bolt:

I believe that there are 6 or 8 states in the US that are permited use for med reasons. In theese states you need to have a license to grow. ANyway if you are in the mountains and fairly secluded it's just a matter of how well you know your area. To me it's not worth the risk.

Ya, I'll upload them if I can figure out how. I'll definately try to get another light, I have a blacklight ballast, all I need is the flourecent light to go in it which should be pretty cheap. I moved here not too long ago so I don't have a job yet, kinda hard up for cash but I am willing to spend a few on my little buddies. But thank you very much for the advise and thanks for welcoming me, this place seems like the perfect place for help.

wal mart/ lowes/Homedepot
Compact Fluro Lights 2-3 bucks a peice
i

idk if your gonna believe this but I found a light in my basement and i already got it set up right next to the other one. How many 2 foot lights do you think I'd need to grow 3 plants in my closet? Do you know what I have to do to upload pictures? Your help has been very valuable, without you I dont think I ever would have searched for that flourecent light. Thanks again.

Depends on wattage. a good rule of thumb is 40watts per square foot. So a 24 square foot room need 1000 watts.

Okay... well my whole closet is about 2' by 5' so I'd have to say I'm set with the lights.

Okay I got it, I got it. I wasn't sure about the trial thing cus then I'd have to get used to something else so I just used showthatimage.com. Thanks for the advise though! I still need an oppinion on whether these look healthy for being about two weeks old? Critisism would be great too, I need to know what I'm doing wrong or what I need to do. Thanks everyone!!!
BCEA4085-DBB6-4762-BF8EFF533025F8B9.jpg

how close are ur lights to the plants and whats the temp? didnt u say that u only had one light on them? and that u found another? well it could be a lighting problem too. so i think that now where u have more light for them they will do better. they really dont look that bad to me. im sure u will get some great feed back on them. good luck man

:) :) Would say the same there SB ...:) ...myself have found that soil growth is slower than hydro. soil growing you must have good drainage
and young seedlings need light fluffy soil and not heavy wet soil....
best of luck dude :) :)

Thanks Open Country, I will read up on testing and (if need be) fixing the PH.
The lights are about an inch and a half to two inches away from the seedlings and yes, I just hung the second flo today. The flourecent lights were specifically for growing plants and I know it's not making them too warm because I've held my hand just centimeters away from the lights and it doesn't seem to give much heat off at all. I also have a heater about 2 feet away in the doorway of my closet and I try to keep the tempurater just under 80 degrees along with a fan in my room pointing towards the closet doorway (the door is never closed). Hopefully the new light helps them get back on track, thanks Sticky Budz.
And reminding me, with what Greenfinger said, the soil came from a pot(container) that already had a plant in it which I ripped out and sifted through for roots and such and I know soil is important so I'm starting to fear that the former plant that was in the soil might have used up most or all of the nutrients... Can this be fixed with simply adding miricle grow(or something of that sort) to the water? I'm already a little low on money but I suppose I can spare a few bucks. Everyone says cannabis can pretty much grow on it's own with no care but I'm finding that hard to believe, and never the less, I don't want my plants to just grow, I want them to thrive. Keep in mind this is my first time growing for everyone that's out there shouting "What are you doing you idiot!!" Ha ha. Well thank you all very much, you have been a lot of help!

Latest posts

Back