I Need Soil Help!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brookside302

Reaction score
I want everyones personal opinion on this... I have a big bag of peat moss, & alot of perlite, lime... I was thinking i actually want some potting soil for the base, but all i can find anywhere by me is either miracle grow, hypotnex (bad brand), or topsoil. I know if i added what i already have to it, it should help break apart the clumpy stuff but do u think i should buy some cheap stuff and mix it all up? or just wat i already have?

Invest in some fox farm.. Order it online. Cant go wrong.

mmmm if he orders it online shipping is going to kill him, you can grow with miracle grow its just a tad bit strong :)

any product that contains a slow release fertilizer isnt recommended for cannibis plants. the nutes release at unknown levels each watering and can kill plants in weeks. i would strongly recommend staying away from those products and stick to an organic/soiless mix. the peat is fine but not to much, same with the dolomite lime. i would look for another place...a hydro shop-lowes home depot wallmart, target, SOMEWHERE has to have some compost of some sort. a feed store, even a pasture with cows on it.

make the time to invest in organic amdements and you will be rewarded in the end.

trillions of atoms said:
any product that contains a slow release fertilizer isnt recommended for cannibis plants. the nutes release at unknown levels each watering and can kill plants in weeks. i would strongly recommend staying away from those products and stick to an organic/soiless mix. the peat is fine but not to much, same with the dolomite lime. i would look for another place...a hydro shop-lowes home depot wallmart, target, SOMEWHERE has to have some compost of some sort. a feed store, even a pasture with cows on it.

make the time to invest in organic amdements and you will be rewarded in the end.

so wat exactly should i add to the peat moss? because i dont really wanna add nothing with nutrients cas i want to use the fox farm stuff

you can mix some of the peat with some perlite into another quality soil mix making sure you add at least equal parts of perlite to peat.

find some cow/mushroom compost and try mixing:

30% perlite
20% peat
40%mushroom compost or cow compost
10% vermeculite

dont forget about 1 tblspn of dolomite lime per gallon of medium.

dont forget about 1 tblspn of dolomite lime per gallon of medium.[/QUOTE]

I more quick question and im done lol. Im prolly gonna be using 5 gallon buckets so 5 tablespoons i got that part. But do u approximatly how much this lowers ur PH? (1.0, .4, etc.) becuase i am gonna do be adding nutes from time to time and im not really sure how much that could possible raise the PH.

Latest posts

Back