I need some advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sucio805

Reaction score
This is my first time growing. I have 3 clones i got from a club 2 headband grown in the hydro set up and 1 bubba kush in soil. The one in soil is doing all right they were all the same size when i got them the one in soil took off. the two in hydro are small still one is alright. there is discolorationon the leaves a bit yellow and brownish purple. the leaves are twisting a little curling. im growing in a closet with a 400w mh im using purified water the ph is 6 im using half dose of general hydroponics flora series. the plants rooted to the system but just arent growing. ive had them about 2 weeks. im thinkin its nute burn but im only using half of what the directions say cuz i thought it would reduce that risk. what am i doing wrong fyi the 3 are all the same age

Hey dude, do you have 2 plants in one pot? Shouldn't do that as they crowd and if one is male and the other female you'll have problems with roots all intertwined etc. I would expect you may have a nitrogen burn just because of their age, they look young so flush them with water a few times and try 1/8 to 1/4 strength nutes for now and see what happens. You can gradually increase nutes as they get older... :D

Keep it green and that plant in the first photo looks great!!! Good job and welcome to MP.

thanks man. can clones be male if they where taken from a female plant

all he has to do is cut the stem and leave it in there only water come out the top of the stem do it evertime same as you cutting males in a dwc resevior or if your using rockwool or net cups just cut the roots right where the botto on the rockwoool net cup
I'ma Joker Midnight Toker said:
Hey dude, do you have 2 plants in one pot? Shouldn't do that as they crowd and if one is male and the other female you'll have problems with roots all intertwined etc. I would expect you may have a nitrogen burn just because of their age, they look young so flush them with water a few times and try 1/8 to 1/4 strength nutes for now and see what happens. You can gradually increase nutes as they get older... :D

Keep it green and that plant in the first photo looks great!!! Good job and welcome to MP.

how close should these be to my 400 w mh. could the twisting be heat stress.

yea looks like the light is kinda bleaching your plant why you shoul have a fan on it

Lookin good. Keep us posted on your progress. Take care my friend.

how come the plant in soil is doing better is it because its root system waz more developed, cuz its a different strain or cuz im blowin it with the hydro?

looks like nute burn to me,dont know about headband but ive grown BK and those babies were nute whores,1800ppm with no burn or curl.different strains absolutely have different needs and can react completely opposite in same scenariio.hydro also has much,much,much less room for error than soil.good luck...all else fails,flush flush flush

what if the yellow is on the inside of the leave working itself out
instead of the tips yellowing and drying out

if your talking about yellowing between the veins on the leaf (interveinal clorosis )thats usually a deficiancy of some sort...most commonly mag i beleive

Latest posts

Back