I need your help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shavits_one

Reaction score
I will be starting my outdoor grow very soon and I need some issues cleared up! What organic dry nutrient is best to buffer the ph in my soil? Oyster shell, prilled dolomite lime, etc? I usually use the dolomite lime but i was also interested in oyster shell and greensand! I will be mixing this in some foxfarms ocean forest potting soil to stabilize ph! Also what organic teas that are high in nitrogen would you recommend for the veg stage of growth for my plants? Bat guanos, sea bird, etc? I would like to try teas this year as I always use some sort of premixed organic nutrient for this stage! And last what brand of premixed organic nutes would you recommend for outdoor use? I will appreciate any imput or advice, thanks!

I use dolomite lime for ph adjusting and the calcium it has. I use greensand for the P factor. I didn't know about using it for ph. Compost tea with some aged manure cooked in it is good. You can make a guano, kelp batch. I use Roots Grow for vegging and HPK for blooming. Organic liquid ferts. I would think that both the oyster shells and greensand are for long term nutes. They break down very slowly. I use them in my permanent spots. If you are going guerilla, there may be other ways to go. Have fun.

Thanks for the insight benny! I know the dolomite lime is really good and ill probably use that for my buffer plus the added mag and cal that comes with it! I was just curious as to what other peeps though about the oyster shell and greensand cause im not to familiar with them very much! Trying to get all the info i can before i start my outdoor grow this season. Ill be working with BF Violator Kush, DNA Catarct Kush and DNA Sharks Breath plus some seeds that I have from some bags of bubba kush! It should be cool! Also, I checked out your 09 grows and they look great. Ill be reading the whole grow soon. Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back