I think I have problems!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

225smokestack

So I transplanted my babies about 2 and half days ago, monday afternoon. My plants don't look good at all, and I am really worried. Is there still hope? I don't know what to do.

100_0501.jpg

100_0502.jpg

100_0503.jpg

100_0504.jpg

When mine look like that it is either under or over watered.

Ouch did you accidentally cut some roots off? I did the same thing to one of mine accidentally dropped it while transplanting and snipped some roots off. It looked droopy for about a week but then recovered. The only one that looks really bad is the one in the second pic, I think just wait it out and keep it watered it should pull through!

It doesn't look like there's too much to be worried about Stack...I'd just had the same problem myself after transplanting, just a bit of shock ...Possibly overwatering too...but i'm still a newb to the indoor game tho , just throwin my 2 cents around...Keep it Up tho and Keep it GREEN...

Substorm said:
Ouch did you accidentally cut some roots off? I did the same thing to one of mine accidentally dropped it while transplanting and snipped some roots off. It looked droopy for about a week but then recovered. The only one that looks really bad is the one in the second pic, I think just wait it out and keep it watered it should pull through!

Man, I must have. I was as careful as I possibly could have been. This sucks. I hope they can survive.

Thanks yall. Hopefully I am just being a lil paranoid. I will see what happens. I just don't want to lose em. Put so much into this grow, I'd be so upset. HAHA

I get the same shock when transplanting bare rooted clones into hydroton. Give em a few days and they should perk back up.

watch those high temps. can be the worse thing for them right now. maybe turn off the big light, and put some cfls on 'em...bb...

I rarely have this problem when transplanting. You should saturate your growing medium/roots with water before you transplant to prevent the fine root hairs from breaking and causeing stress during the transplant. Also, it makes the plant slide right out of the pot real easy like. Transplanting dry or only semi wet, however, is a sure fire way to get your plants to look like that. I'm not saying you did or didn't transplant this way, just passing the info along...

Thanks yall. I will have to wait it out. When I transplanted, the soil was moist, but I guess I mishandled them a bit? And disturbed the root mass.

225smokestack said:
2 weeks and 2 days since popping through the soil.
Man I got 4 plants that have been growing for 6 weeks that are only a little bit bigger than yours! I should have used miracle grow lol ::ducks:: What type of nutes are you using for veg.?

It's MG Organic Choice soil and nutes. Nutes are 8-0-0. Only have given one dose so far though.

blancolighter said:
I rarely have this problem when transplanting. You should saturate your growing medium/roots with water before you transplant to prevent the fine root hairs from breaking and causeing stress during the transplant. Also, it makes the plant slide right out of the pot real easy like. Transplanting dry or only semi wet, however, is a sure fire way to get your plants to look like that. I'm not saying you did or didn't transplant this way, just passing the info along...

My experience is just the opposite. I've had better luck transplating dry plants and then watering after the transplant. For me, wet soil just breaks up. How does everyone else do this?

i dunno wht the nute rules are but i never start nutes till i have 2 or nodes. um u really wanna check the water when plants are at this stage too much water will stunt the growth. it all about letting it dry a little so the roots could find their way into the soil and then water them, that worked for me when i had ur same problem

I make sure I water thoroughly before transplanting, as the soil holds together better. After watering, just put your palm flat on the soil and turn the container upside down. A well developed root system usually ensures the soil stays intact.

Thank yall for the responses. Since I posted last night, up til now, my plants have already begun to come around. I just hope it continues! :)

that is clearly transplant shock, give em a week, if you dont see improvement, post more pics and let us know the variables. Mine were just transplanted too and looked a bit down on their luck for a couple of days, but they are fine now. Your plants will be just fine, let them acclimate.

Latest posts

Back