ideas for a DIY long reach waterer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ravenspyz7

Reaction score
hello all i currently have many plants that are far away in reach and would feel it would be easier to get a long reached waterer. All the ones i seen dont look like they can do the job. I need to make a slim one somehow so i can pour the water into a head or somethin on the top then it will flow down into the pot....Any ideas?

Why don't you get a 20-50 ltr plastic drum with a tap fitting and put a threaded barb in there with about 3/4" line going to a drip feeder atop each plant; then you can just fill up the drum, should cost you less than $10

Hello Raven :)

I had a very similar problem in my greenhouse when it was busy with bushy plants.

I couldnt get in far enough to water and feed the plants right at the back.

I got a bamboo cane that would reach the pots, I taped a funnel and tubing to the cane and used a water jug to pour the water or feed into the funnel.

Ok it took time to stand doing it, but it worked perfect :aok:

:peace:

funnel_tube.jpg

If I understand your question correctly...

I had trouble watering when I did a soil scrog grow. My watering cans have a narrow spout and I found that a 1 foot section of 1/2 inch pvc fit snugly over the spout.

yep yep good stuff here...i use a 1 1/2 pvc pipe 4 foot long and one end cut at angle and poured threw while holding pipe in hand...but my problem was not able to get to back of grow area...Hope this helps..take care and be safe

hxxp://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1278232&cp=2568444.2598681.2602621.1305613

I am sure something can be done with this.

Maybe even a plastic shut-off valve that would male on to the 1/2 inch pvc so you could control the flow or shut off flow until you had the end of the hose where you wanted it.
:)
Gb

nvthis said:
hxxp://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1278232&cp=2568444.2598681.2602621.1305613

I am sure something can be done with this.

Sorry about that corny link guys. Apparently it won't link to the page I was looking at..

I have seen some pretty long watering wands at the hardware store.

I use a half inch hose attached to a small fountain pump. I just drop the pump in my tea and stretch out the hose. It is long enough reach the back of my garden. My flower garden takes about 10 gallons every three days so watering cans kill my back. I can snake the clear tubing under the canopy. I think I bought the pump from harbor freight for 7 dollars a few years ago.

My setup is like 4U's kinda. I've got a 4-foot piece of plastic pipe with a 45degree angled fitting on each end, one points up and one to the side. I use a plastic cup to fill the pipe from my solution bucket.

Latest posts

Back