If you get 1 seed per plant is it female?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hick said:
pollen cannot be kept stable/viable without desiccants and refrigeration. Therefor, difficult, at best, to attempt to market.

i had a old film canister that contained the f1 pollen of a male of my very first cross that i made in 07 i tossed it on 1 of my 702 yogee female branches and when i harvested i found 2 seeds only i used a good ammount of pollen..

OK, sorry gone so long, don't get online much lately. Alot of good info here so far. So an update. As I trimmed the bottoms I paid very close inspection to the buds and I found 1 nannner on WW and 2 on the LS. (see pic) There may have been more but I didn't see any. That should explain where the pollen originated.(although it probally came from earlier nanners and not these specifically) I also found my book. I took pics of the pages I was obtaining my info from. Now from what I read it seems to me that these seeds in theroy should be femenized-so to speak. My next question tho is they mention intersexed plants, reversed sex plants and hermies. Although I pretty much understand the diff, would most growers consider all 3 of these hermies? If not then wouldn't pollen from RSP and ISP be inherently female wheras only the natural hermie would carry the hermie trait. And if so, could that be a cause of confusion and differing m/f/h plant results?

I also saw on one of the seed supplier sites where they describe how they get feminized seeds and one way was by a self pollinating female. It did state that although most females won't produce a usable female nanner (so to speak) until the last couple of weeks, it is possible for it to happen in the first couple weeks of flowering thus allowing the plant time to seed itself and mature the seeds.

Like I said I'm not trying to cause any arguments or breed anything for that matter. Just trying to convince myself one way or the other, and I'm kinda hardheaded. (just ask my wife!)

Thanks
Amaethon

PS> Pages are from "Marijuana Grower's Guide - Deluxe edition by
Mel Frank and Ed Rosenthal.

P1010840.JPG

P1010833.JPG

P1010835.JPG

P1010836.JPG

eastla_kushsmoka said:
Hick said:
pollen cannot be kept stable/viable without desiccants and refrigeration. Therefor, difficult, at best, to attempt to market.

i had a old film canister that contained the f1 pollen of a male of my very first cross that i made in 07 i tossed it on 1 of my 702 yogee female branches and when i harvested i found 2 seeds only i used a good ammount of pollen..

hick you were right seeds didnt work pollen was bad most likley

Amaethon said:
OK, sorry gone so long, don't get online much lately. Alot of good info here so far. So an update. As I trimmed the bottoms I paid very close inspection to the buds and I found 1 nannner on WW and 2 on the LS. (see pic) There may have been more but I didn't see any. That should explain where the pollen originated.(although it probally came from earlier nanners and not these specifically) I also found my book. I took pics of the pages I was obtaining my info from. Now from what I read it seems to me that these seeds in theroy should be femenized-so to speak. My next question tho is they mention intersexed plants, reversed sex plants and hermies. Although I pretty much understand the diff, would most growers consider all 3 of these hermies? If not then wouldn't pollen from RSP and ISP be inherently female wheras only the natural hermie would carry the hermie trait. And if so, could that be a cause of confusion and differing m/f/h plant results?

I also saw on one of the seed supplier sites where they describe how they get feminized seeds and one way was by a self pollinating female. It did state that although most females won't produce a usable female nanner (so to speak) until the last couple of weeks, it is possible for it to happen in the first couple weeks of flowering thus allowing the plant time to seed itself and mature the seeds.

Like I said I'm not trying to cause any arguments or breed anything for that matter. Just trying to convince myself one way or the other, and I'm kinda hardheaded. (just ask my wife!)

Thanks
Amaethon

PS> Pages are from "Marijuana Grower's Guide - Deluxe edition by
Mel Frank and Ed Rosenthal.

"IMO"... ANY plant that expresses both staminate and pistilate flowers 'without' chemical reversal, IS a hermie and will increase the chances of hermies in future generations.
I've said this dozens of times on this forum, and I still believe it to be true and "sound" advice about hermies.
The breeders that developed the "ultra-potent" strains that we are privileged to have access to today. Worked diligently for decades, breeding "away" from hermies, working to eliminate the "un-desirable" characteristc Why?.. because they know/knew that they are not beneficial in improvement of quality. But that they are detrimental to producing plants of "ultimate" potential.

Interesting post, I'm not sure why I didn't see it before. I've posted this story on other threads on this site whenever the hermi subject comes up, so this thread seems deserving of my experience to.

I had to take a 2 yr hiatus, and let my best buddy hold on to my Afghani #1 seeds. I have grown and bred these outdoors for over 10 yrs, and never had seen a herm, never got a seed, that I didn't intend for (planned breeding to make more seeds)

My buddy reads this info on producing femenized seeds, and decides to stress the heck out of a female plant to produce nanners, and does this several times. So when I'm done with my vacation the genetics that I'm getting back are junk, approximately 30% females showing hermi characteristics. I get it in my head that I can stabalize this cause I really love this strain, and I am familiar enough with it that I can grow it in my sleep.

My plan: I keep and collect pollen from a sturdy vigorous male, and pollinate a healthy potent female. Grow these out, and pollinate daughters with daddy's pollen....etc cubing.

Mind you I had 18 of these plants going in my indoor grow this time around, carrying out my plan to stabalize. Luckly I find this site on the internet, which allows me to view other peoples oppinions on the subject, in turn stimulating my thoughts, so I'm no longer only running only my ideas through my head anymore...telling myself I make total sense. A couple weeks ago I FINALLY realize that keeping these genetics, doing all this work, risking pollinating my other strain I have going is totaly insane, when I can buy a pack of Afghani#1 seeds for 50 bucks and start all over!!! I'm no breeder! So thanks to the input from you people, all plants were pulled, and all seeds trashed, and I'm in the market for a new Indica line!

Latest posts

Back