i'm pretty sure, but need reasurance.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MindzEye said:
Yes flora nova lacks in the mg/cal department. I used it for a while, I find the 3 part flora series is much cleaner and PH stable.

I found with using flora nova when using cal/mag I didnt need stronger nutes. I would try trimming leaves, a epsom foliar feed and some cal/mag in the mix.. When I used flora nova I also never went over 10ml a gallon.. I found the feeding chart to be strong but their nutrient calculator that GH has on their site is right on...

Found here

hxxp://www.genhydro.com/calculator/index.html

mindzeye, the chart and calculator seem to be the same, no?

Hey, dad, I've grown out all three of those strains--was the "Something-or-other" Pack from MJSeeds.NL, right?

That WW will go 10-12 weeks. The Crystal, I don't really know because I was so noob when I grew it last year that I just ran it like the widow. Great fuel taste but not such a great buzz--but then I only had the WW to compare it to. Seems like she was squatier than the WW. The WW and the Crystal were a breeze to clone but the Ice kicked my butt over and over--got very few clones up and going. My first grow, 4 WW and 3 Crystal, I pulled an elbow and a half off of. There's a thread floating around here somewhere as Decent Days Work.

Attention: the Ice finishes early as hell in my grow room. I'm in FFOF, all 6 nutes, 2 600HPS, and I've grown it out three times now. First grow came out so-so. Second grow went totally beige almost overnight at 8 weeks and is some bad A smoke. Third grow is hanging now. These pics are the trichs on what I just broke down--this was at 7.5/7.75 weeks.
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51525

I don't know squat about hydro, but I over-watered a smaller pheno Ice and she went Botritusy on me (I never had the problem before). The Ice smokes REAL nice if you like an uppity/trippy high. It's a new favorite and a saver for me.

Good luck and watch those big colas on the Ice.

dad?

yes, it was the "SUPER STRONG MARIJUANA SEEDS PACK" from them.

could you tell the difference between the plants at some point? they all look the same to me!

surreptitious said:
dad?

yes, it was the "SUPER STRONG MARIJUANA SEEDS PACK" from them.

could you tell the difference between the plants at some point? they all look the same to me!

No offense with the dad thing--I suspect I'm older than you unless you're older than rocks and stuff.

The crystals always had a real christmas tree shape, pretty plants, deep green, lush. The WW were nice healthy bushes but stretched up pretty good--so much so that I had to elevate the Crystals I grew with them. The Ice were lanky, but I stretched them intentionally. I only grew the WW and the Crystal together. The Ice was by herself. The only thing different about the Ice was that it dropped lower fan leaves like mad. Coulda been me and pH or nute lock though. I got a few free Mazar with the order but never got a single one to hatch.

lol, no worries with the dad thing, just didnt know where it came from. i'm 28.

i'm flowering a couple plants of all 3 strains right now and have a batch of crystal clones going right now, but i cannot tell the difference between them yet. maybe i need more flowering.

i also notice that leaves on the bottom of the plant are dying, but i'm sure this is from the thick canopy. not much light getting to the bottom of the plant.

i also got 5 free seeds and none of mine hatched either. i still have 5 seeds from each strain just in case all hell breaks loose and i need to start over.

i appreciate your time, grandpa. :)

surreptitious said:
i need some help guys. look at the pictures attached. some of the leaves look bad. does anybody have any idea what would cause this?

i've also included some pictures of buds that i think look pretty good. starting week 5 tommorrow.

i'm still experiencing these problems. i have added the cal-mag and have foliar fed them with Epsom salt and water.

the leaves are still turning brown from the outside in. does anybody have any suggestions? i can take more pictures if need be.

hmmm...I wish I could help you, but I don't grow in hydro...can you post some recent pics, we can try to diagnose them. Are the leaves at the bottom the only ones yellowing and dieng? Because this is what is supposed to happen in flower, the plant will use up the resources from the bottom leaves...do like Mindzeye said and just keep removing them. This happens because your bloom ferts don't have the nitrogen in, at least not as much, and your feeding higher (P) so the plant is using it's (N) reserves that are stored in those leaves. I'm not saying that there may not be some other problem to, but yellowing and dieing of older fan leaves is what they do when budding.

i will get some pictures up when i get a chance, but these leaves are not yellowing like i've seen in other flowering pictures. it's also not at the bottom. it's at the top.

these leaves are turning brown and drying up from the outside in.

legalize_freedom said:
Are you over feeding??? yes pics will help

pictures.

IMG_0162.JPG

IMG_0163.JPG

IMG_0165.JPG

IMG_0168.JPG

IMG_0169.JPG

Check you PPMs. I have a feeling that you are seriously overnuting those girls. I find the recommended doses on the GH bottles is too much for most of my strains--both the 3 part Flora series and the Flora Nova. And you are also adding a whole lot to your nute solution.

good to go, i will back off on my nutes the next time i change the rez, which will probably be on monday.

surreptitious said:
it seems to be the same kind of thing that's going on with my new clones here:

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?p=617432&posted=1#post617432

i wonder if i should just switch off of these floranova nutes.

I think you're there. If it had only been one strain, it could have been strain related. If it's all, then it is probably external (something you're doing), but it looks like you've arrived at that rational yourself.

Reason I asked is that my Ice dropped fans like mad the last couple or 3 weeks of flower. It pretty much lost everything but the fan leaves on the buds themselves. That fact and severe lollipopping made manicuring a breeze.

Luck and peace.

surreptitious said:
good to go, i will back off on my nutes the next time i change the rez, which will probably be on monday.

Don't just back off on your nutes--check your PPMs. In fact, IMO, it would be a good idea to check them now and check your pH--this can give you some good info.

Latest posts

Back