incandecent question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rambler

grasshopper
Reaction score
hey all:)

ok im growing in soil and on the cheap cuz i have no other choice (first time too) and im using one 200 watt incandecent light bulb (3080 lumens)
in a space 2 square feet (2 foot high) i hope to keep them there for another 2 weeks until i can get some fluro lights. What i was wondering was, would it better be to get another 200 watt bulb in there to bring it to 6160 lumens and if so do you think im giving them sufficiant light?

and also when i switch to full fluro, should this do until the end?

that 200 watt is pretty much worthless for growing, you can have 30,000 lumens but without the right color spectrum its just a waste of energy. If youre going to switch to fluoros go ahaead now and use those for veg and flower. IMO there really isnt a way to go too cheap when it comes to growing unless your growing outdoors, there just isnt ways top get around it, if you dont even have at least 3,000 lumens per sq ft. of the right lighting, then you are most likely going to waste your time and electricity, so if you need to go cheap, grow some tomatoes till you get some money for some better lighting and you wont regret it.. Good Luck :aok:

i would buy some cfls if i were you, they're cheap to buy and run. the lights your usin are no good for growin mj. you can buy 2 lghts now and add more as the plant grows and requires more light. i hope this helps.

i started my first grow with 1 1foot floro and added over time and my first plant gave me 2 oz of pretty good smoke.

do you think changing the lights after 1 week of incandecent light to cfls would encouage them to become hermies?

and thanks i will try get the cfls tomorow.

HECK no, i can guarantee if you take pictures the day before u switch light and then u take pictures 2 weeks later you can see them smiling at you!!!:clap: i have ben here over a year and learned from alot of good people, take this advice and youll be thanking MP 4 months later my friend.. good luck.. :aok:

You can check out some plants that were vegged with CFL's in my grow journal, the link is in my signature. It was a monster and so bushy and short, just to show you what you can do with CFL's.

Latest posts

Back