Is it ok to grow different strains in the same grow room?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EM455

Reaction score
Hi there guys..I would like to know if it is ok to grow different strains in the same grow room. Can they afect each other's smell/flavor? the strains I've chosen have the same flowering time (8 weeks) so that won't be a problem. I just wanna know if I would be ruining things by growing them together. thanks a lot in advance for answering :)

P.S: I'm planning on growing 5 plants at the same time : white widow, northern lights, power plant and hash power plant from dr. hemp seedbank. and the church from the green house seed bank.

Hi EM455

No problems at all, im growing 4 strains right next to each other :)
They will not effect/contaminate each other with smell/taste etc.

I just want to add that even if the flowering periods were different lengths, it wouldn't change anything. All you would have to do is harvest each plant when they were ready and leave the "unfinished" plants in your growroom to finish flowering. :)

HippyInEngland said:
Hi EM455

No problems at all, im growing 4 strains right next to each other :)
They will not effect/contaminate each other with smell/taste etc.

Lucky you ! ;)

Good question. Indoors probably not, but I wondered the same thing for years about outdoors in the ground plants. Cause certain veggies and melons can contaminate each others tastes and what not.

Only 4 strains LOL, lucky guy.

You sure can, you can even put different strains in the same hydroponic system, barring they all have similar nute requirements.

I hardly ever grow 1 strain at a time, I right now have the purps, BC Mango and Kush all growing in the same Shallow water culture, of course in the same room. Smell and taste are generated in a similar way to THC, but the active ingerdient is not psychoactive, it is called terpine. There are other essential oils that also contribute to smell and taste but they can not really be transferred like that.

At the moment I have Snow White, White Indica, Misty, White Russian, Cherry Malawi, Lemon Skunk and Sweet Purple all growing together.

massproducer said:
You sure can, you can even put different strains in the same hydroponic system, barring they all have similar nute requirements.

im growin black domina, white widow, white satin & hashberry in soil and the only prob ive had is as above
what feeds one plant burns another
so i have to mix my nutes at different strengths
which gets a bit confusin for someone as disorganized as me :rolleyes:
they still all have there own unique smells & taste tho

Latest posts

Back