is this a male? (experts needed)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emptypackofcigs

Reaction score
this was day 4 of flowering... and i think i'm seeing what may be the first signs of the male pre-flower... i'm not sure... because what i'm seeing may also be new branches comming in... although they are not large they do resemble a football shape... here is a picture... any comments or advice is greatly appreciated.. thanks much

male.JPG

Yup sure does look suspect. I would give it a few more days just to make sure but yes it does look male. :eek:

thanks tbg... but you know what... if i look at other nodes closely... (can't get a picture) looks just like new leaf clusters coming in... but idk... thanks though

no-way to know fore sure... you could flip the light on it... or take a clone, and flip the light on it.... just wait... if you see balls then you know 100% male.... please don't chop too early....

hey emptypackofcigs, I did a fair bit of research on male/female identification, sure looks like a male rather than new leaf clustures, as its growing horizontally from the stem. The branch directly behind the one you've circled looks more like leaf clustures as they grow upwards.

Also if that were female, if the cylax's were that big, youd have seen some signs of pistils by now... sorry man :(

Still could be leaves, just my opinion, TBG is bang on as usual lol

In my opinion they are leaves. Usually the male or female flowers grow out slightly from the side of where the leaf meets the stem. It looks like these are growing out right from the middle, which means they are branches. There are a number of sites online that will give you close up pictures to show you what I am talking about, I tried to attach one but the file was too big, and I can´t link to other sites on here, but they are out there. Check it out!

kindphriend said:
In my opinion they are leaves. Usually the male or female flowers grow out slightly from the side of where the leaf meets the stem. It looks like these are growing out right from the middle, which means they are branches. There are a number of sites online that will give you close up pictures to show you what I am talking about, I tried to attach one but the file was too big, and I can´t link to other sites on here, but they are out there. Check it out!

I agree.

day 4 u normally won't see nething yet neways... it'll be a while b4 a male would release the pollen.... so just let it grow and figure it out.

i would have to agree with kade i would wait another week or so

Me too, I'd wait. Still a little early to tell. It will be obvious a week or so from now.

okay... i'm going to wait on it for sure... because when i checked it right now... i have come to find that they are new leaf clusters... heres a pic.... so now i'm waiting again... BTW in my veg room i have another plant... (shiva Shanti 2) and i have just sent it into flowering... (im not a professional grower dont need any mothers i'm growing for the experience not for the bud... its just an extremely good bonus) the SS2 is on day 2 of flowering and i'm waiting to see if the other plant (Skunk #1) is a male... because if it is then i will be tossing it and going with the SS2.. but if they are both females them i'm giving one of them to a friend to flower because in my closet i can only grow one so keep touching in to see what i got... thanks guys for your help

male.JPG

Berry_Coughin' said:
no-way to know fore sure... you could flip the light on it... or take a clone, and flip the light on it.... just wait... if you see balls then you know 100% male.... please don't chop too early....

what do you mean by flip the light?

kindphriend said:

you were right man.. but ya it could still turn out to be male... so i'm waiting

I got those right now on mine, day 7 of flower. I get em' everytime and they never drop nuts. They are like a little pollen chute or something. But I dont get seed and the bud rocks, so....

well i'll keep it going... until i see the hairs... so ya.. well i'll keep you guys posted peace

Latest posts

Back