Is this a MG or N deficiency? or something else.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokeytimes

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!
Reaction score
I am not sure but I have some white spots on a few leaves but one plant is getting what I think is N deficiency or maybe it's MG not sure.

They were doing fine till about three days ago. I did get what I think was a little nute burn when I first started them on nutes but removed half the water and added fresh Dis water to get the PPM's to 400ppm

I know I have heat issues that I am trying to work out in the nothern part of the south kinda makes cooling a shed difficult to say the least.

Two are fine or so I think and two are having a fit about something I must have done to them just not sure what I need to do next and have to ask for help... I really don't like to ask for help really but I need it for them.

1. How tall are your plants now? they are about 3"s

2. How far from the lights are the tops of your plants? Is this a constant distance or have you changed it recently? I have the light (600watt MH) about 20"s I had them around 16"s till last night.

3. How old are they? They are right at threes weeks now from when they were dropped as seeds

4. What strain are they? Bag Seed

5. Did you start them from seed or clone? Seed

6. What type of containers are you using and what size are they in gallons? I am using a 10 gallon tub for DWC

WHAT TYPE OF GROW DO YOU HAVE?

11. Hydroponic? Yes DWC

WHAT TYPE OF HYDROPONIC SYSTEM DO YOU USE?

14. Bubbler/Deep Water Yes

WHAT TYPE OF MEDIA DO YOU USE?

16. Hydroton I use Rapid Rooters with Hydroton to fill a 3" netpot

WHAT TYPE OF LIGHTS DO YOU USE?

20. HPS MH conversion bulb

21. Wattage? Lumatek 600 watt

22. Ballast, is it digital or analog? Digital

23. Is it remote or in your grow area? I have the ballest remote from the grow room

24. What nutrients are you feeding your plants? and trying to follow the Hydro feeding schedule

HYDROPONIC FERTS?

25. What brand? What mix? What strength? I am using FF Big Grow and Big Bloom. I also am using CalMag plus
I have used the 1tsp per gal Big Grow and 2Tbl per Gal Big Bloom as per thier feeding schedule with 1Tbl CalMag per gal

26. How often, and when was the last time? I added the Nutes about one week ago

ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS OF THE GROW AREA

29. Do you use ventilation for your indoor grow? Yes

30. If so, what do you use? I have four (POS) inductor brand inline fans from Home Depot

31. Do you use a fan?

32. What type of fan and where is it pointed? What speed? I have a small tower fan and a 16" osilating fan on High above the light to really push air around

33. Temperature of the grow area? Way to high during the first part of the light cycle around 87f to 98f

34. Humidity of the grow area? Maybe to low but it's running around 23% RH

35. Is CO2 being introduced? What method? No

36. Do you use Odor Control, (carbon, ionizer, ozone gen)? Yes I have a home made Charcoal filter posted in the DIY section

37. Do you use LST? HST? No I have not

back left.jpg

back right.jpg

front left.jpg

front right.jpg

Roots of back right.jpg

Group Shot.jpg

mites left really tiny white spots on my leaves.
but it was in late flowering, so im not quite sure.
plus i know nothing about mites

Thanks UKGirl420, but what about pic 2 and 4 with the white spots? They do not mention anything about that in the link. I think pic 2 could just be a weak plant.
Also the roots are of pic 2 and they are all brown looking where as the rest of my plants have nice white cream colored roots. I did notice that my electric and air hose run close to those roots.

I forgot to mention that I did give about 1 ounce of H2O2 about four days ago to help keep the slim down I didn't think that 3% H2O2 would be to strong for 8 gallons

Thank TDOC Now I feel the need to go get the microscope and start looking hard for bugs... These little plants having me dong stuff that I would do for my kids LOL

yeah. i never even thought about spider mites a while ago.
checked my plant out with a 50x mic. was so shocked.
im already scared of spiders as it is. i really dont like them being
on my herb.
i had the brown spider mites.
i really hope they do not come back for next grow

I think I know what the white spots are now. I went out and got really close to the plants and saw little black flies. I gotta get some yellow fly sticks. also I found that one of the main roots on ethe pic 2 has broken off didn't think one root would do that but it looks like it was cutting from the netpot.

That doesnt look like mites to me. Mites leave lots of tiny white spots on your leaves and it looks like you only have a couple and they are too big to be from mites.

Praise the Lord you dont have mites!!!! They are impossible to get rid of.

Einstein oil gets rid of them right? I bought some just for mites and bugs if I need it.

ive heard of half iso alcohol and half water in a spray bottle works..
ive heard something called mite-rid works really well and its organic.
apparently theres tons of different ways to get rid of mites..
i wish i knew the best one though

I really hope the front left plant from the pics is a she. I can smell a strong hint of skunk on that one. :)

I have read about the ISO alcohol and water but I was understanding that it was hard on the plant too. I hope this iol is worth the money I spent $25 on it LOL :)

Smokeytimes, you have a similar problem as me. i too have a 10 gal dwc in a hot *** climate, GH 2 part nutes though. i have some sort of bug b/c my girls were outside and i didnt check really really good. did i mention to check them good? my res temps are too high so there is alot of stress on them. my roots look similar also. h2o2 dissapates fast so its not working any more. this is my first dwc so i cant comment on how often to use it though. there are Thermoelectric Aquatic Chillers for Aquariums that will solve the res temp but it costs, under $200. a less expensive alternative im going to try is using a metal tub for my dwc and sitting it app. 3" up and then point a fan on it. this will dissapate heat better.

i used an iso/h2o mix 50/50 (4-5oz) in my spray bottle and sprayed the hell out of them, top and bottom of leaves, stems, new growth and @ the base on the hydroton. is reaked of alcohol. i then looked like a gorilla picking fleas off another gorilla...i removed every bug and little black spec underneath the leaves. the fan dried the spray fairly quickly. i did this twice a day until i had to mix another 4-5 oz's. after further researching i added a drop of liquid soap (dial) to the next batch. i did this until i ran out of iso and it has made a noticable diff. but im not rid of them. the iso mix didnt appear to harm them other than having a coarse feeling to the blades, not good but neither are those damn bugs. other than the small white spots they are green.

the bugs thrive in high temps, the multiply faster. im just in flowering so alot is off the table. if your in veg then use multiple things, alternating them. identify what bug you have then get a predator bug.

good luck in getting rid of the bugs. ifound a killer plant diagnosis post with pics. i copy n pasted it and the mofo is 71 pgs in a word doc, i found it @ icm.

SSH

well I spent about an hour checking the leaves with my 60x-100x scope and looking on top of the leaves and underside on all four I have not seen any bugs other than a couple of those black flies I seen earlier tonight. I thought window screen over the fans would stop the bugs but I guess that was a bit nieve on my part. I am trying to get the DWC 10 gallon moved out without stressing the little ones so I can put some knee highs over the top on the incomming fan for the room. Diligence i'll givem diligence. :D

SSH I think I found a way to cool the Res. I have a perfectly good and Clean Heater core for my old Grand Am that I thought I was going to have to replace I have since boiled this thing clean as I was going to use it for my Water cooled computer.

I plan to go under the shed and dig out a hole big enough to put a 20 gallon at least tub that I will fill with just water. I will run a couple of hoses from my Res to the heater core with a Eco 185 pump setup as an inline pump. I figure if I seal the lid on good I should not have to worry about bugs, the ground and shade should be able to keep the cooling tub cool and my res should be around 68f to 75f with no problems.

BuddyLuv my PH is running pretty steady at 5.5 to 6.0

well I am a newbie here.. I think I am over-reacting like I did when my first born came into this world. the new growth looks awsome. I look at them and think "It looks like there puking up new leave from the center of the stalk. :rofl:

Latest posts

Back