Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Compost 'em, Roster. Those mixed with grass clippings will make for excellent fertilizer next spring. I've got a pile out back that would honestly fill a dump truck that'll be the base of my outdoor grow next year, and I'll still have a bunch left over.
Only thing I add is ash during the flower cycle. The plants eat it up.

Compost 'em, Roster. Those mixed with grass clippings will make for excellent fertilizer next spring. I've got a pile out back that would honestly fill a dump truck that'll be the base of my outdoor grow next year, and I'll still have a bunch left over.
Its what I do, the whole rear edge of my back yard right on the woods boarder is piles of chopped mulched leaves. Most maple some oak in there too.

I've got three on the back acerage. All three are older than me, so I let 'em be. Pretty trees, just not good compost material. Critters get the nuts.
One tree I miss from the old hood was a bazillion year old Hickory. Lotta work for a little meat, but I love the taste of hickory nuts. They sure will raise a lump on your shins when the mower blade hits 'em!

I've got three on the back acerage. All three are older than me, so I let 'em be. Pretty trees, just not good compost material. Critters get the nuts.
One tree I miss from the old hood was a bazillion year old Hickory. Lotta work for a little meat, but I love the taste of hickory nuts. They sure will raise a lump on your shins when the mower blade hits 'em!
What were the chestnuts with the spikes called
We would have wars with them, and then there was another larger green shell case that have needle like quills , Thois suckers hurt and left holes.

It would take a seriously proficient meditator to maintain meditation with a pair of fighter jets blasting over at tree top level, but optimally you would notice them, without being distracted. To my everlasting shame, I'm personally not good enough to do so.............

One of my favorite moments is when I quit meditating and open my eyes. It makes my perception of colors more vivid, so everything seems brighter and more colorful for a bit.
There's no shame in being 'normal', is there? There are probably very few humans on earth who would not be distracted by such a thing. Buddhist monk Thích Quảng Đức comes to mind as one who might have accomplished such a feat.

I certainly have no such level of self-control.

hey Boo how ya feeling today
good morning roster, it takes over an hour of ice to bring me to center in the morning but all is well down here...a bit chilly and we too are seeing oaks drop their leaves...I've got hundreds of them to clean up after...I have people that do that for me, a half zip for a short day of leaves...

What were the chestnuts with the spikes called
We would have wars with them, and then there was another larger green shell case that have needle like quills , Thois suckers hurt and left holes.
Are you taking about Osage Oranges? A guy a half mile away has one growing right next to the road. Makes a hell of a mess with cars runnin' over 'em.

I've read about amending your soil with wood ash. I grill exclusively with hardwood lump charcoal and whatever kind of hard wood I'm using for the cook. Is that suitable ash to use? What's a good ratio, if it is?

Latest posts

Back