Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn’t wear a bulletproof vest, but I’m packin’, lol.
I am actually on the outskirts, and pleasantly surprised to find I am in a very nice area.
I lived there as an infant, in a south-central suburb (think it was Park Forest, or something like that) which used to be a pretty nice area

I used to live near Chicago from 69 until 2000. Joliet,IL. I moved because there was a drug bust in my driveway while I was at work and the kids were home. The neighbor filled me in….Guns drawn and everything. 2 people were running from the police and tried to hide in my driveway behind my car. I had a company truck. I used to Park me car on the very edge of my driveway so no one used my driveway as a turn around. The kids got home from School 30 minutes before I got home from work.

I lived there as an infant, in a south-central suburb (think it was Park Forest, or something like that) which used to be a pretty nice area
I used to work in DuPage county, cook county, will county, Ford county, Kankakee county and a few others I cannot remember. My area went all the way past Rantoul.

Some right from the Bay clams tonight
1711635958063.png

I used to live near Chicago from 69 until 2000. Joliet,IL. I moved because there was a drug bust in my driveway while I was at work and the kids were home. The neighbor filled me in….Guns drawn and everything. 2 people were running from the police and tried to hide in my driveway behind my car. I had a company truck. I used to Park me car on the very edge of my driveway so no one used my driveway as a turn around. The kids got home from School 30 minutes before I got home from work.
I moved to Joliet one summer and moved back to Oklahoma City the next winter. I had never seen so much snow, besides getting laid off.

Glad to hear it, Jan. I'll bet she's glad to be coming home, too.

Jag, if there's one thing I hate, it's being in the middle of a project only to find that the tool I need is missing. Throws off my whole rhythm. I keep my tools organized so I know exactly where they are. Since my friend circle has pretty much died off on me, I don't have the problem anymore. The wife and kid aren't mechanically inclined.

Glad to hear it, Jan. I'll bet she's glad to be coming home, too.

Jag, if there's one thing I hate, it's being in the middle of a project only to find that the tool I need is missing. Throws off my whole rhythm. I keep my tools organized so I know exactly where they are. Since my friend circle has pretty much died off on me, I don't have the problem anymore. The wife and kid aren't mechanically inclined.
my one friend would barrow an expensive tool and I would be sure bring it back when done. Days turned into weeks , weeks into months, then I would ask where is that tool I need it. The bastard would say oh that's my mine, I never barrowed it. He aint no friend of mine anymore.

Latest posts

Back