Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning misfit brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

A gorgeous mostly clear day starting at 40F and predicted to reach 64F.

I removed our old 8' X 10' oriental carpet from the living room and installed the new one. Now to figure out how to get rid of the old one...............

A nice one but has a couple of bare spots where our former male German Shepherd Bodhi used to turn the corner in his haste to bark at the front door when a doorbell rang, a package was delivered, or the mail arrived.

Sometimes to just put things in perspective for interlopers with dog walking past our house on the sidewalk without proper permission and security clearances. I miss that old big-hearted dog..........................

Miss Layla now performs that duty in a much daintier fashion, by scurrying to the door to masterfully assert herself, instead of tearing to it in a mad dash.

Made some progress on the GWL article I'm working on.

Gym this morning and then off to the park with the pup so that the housekeepers can have their way with the house.

434286064_398577576437544_6582186051022580700_n.jpg

Good morning Misfits. 56 and sunny this morning. Looks like it's gonna be a carbon copy of the last two days. Lovin' it!
Plow is off the Jeep. She sure does ride sweeter with the weight off the front end. Actually had the air conditioning in it on yesterday. The air control switch has been causing me grief for the last two years and I finally snapped off the selector switch last night. I checked the local dealer, and they had 'em for $700. Found the exact same thing on ebay for $100, same part number, same manufacturer (China), so I ordered it. Should be here in six weeks or so.......

Ya ain't speakin' from personal experience, are ya? ;)
No but one of my friends walked in on their grandmother in the kitchen naked and she was calling her dog holding a jar of peanut butter. I heard of this second hand. I think if it were me I would have died on the spot. I would never treat my babies like that.
I do make them homemade dog biscuits from peanut butter honey and egg

Your name brought a flash from the past! It caused me to remember the Green Monster dragster of the 1950's, powered by an 1800 hp V-12 Allison aircraft engine.

That's a really snazzy car, looks as if it is rocket powered. I use to hear them occasionally on the drag strip I use to live near.

Below is what my Dad built and used to race. This version is the basic version without the "body" he made for it. (That is not my dad in it, it's his friend).

basic pig 2.jpg

Just thought you'd like this bit of history. Dad built it from the springs up.

Good morning old farts and fartesses!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

A mostly cloudy day here starting at 43F and predicted to reach 61F.

The downstairs toilet valve failed yesterday morning, so I had to replace it.

Got a wedding invitation from oldest grandson who is getting married again November 1.

Breakfast out with NM this morning and then I have three pounds of beans soaking to make some 15 bean and bacon with ham hock soup.

That's a really snazzy car, looks as if it is rocket powered. I use to hear them occasionally on the drag strip I use to live near.

Below is what my Dad built and used to race. This version is the basic version without the "body" he made for it. (That is not my dad in it, it's his friend).

View attachment 354872

Just thought you'd like this bit of history. Dad built it from the springs up.
Three deuces OHV V8! Looks like a hoot to drive!

Latest posts

Back