Just What the Doc ordered!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

JBonez

Well, here is my new setup after deciding to grow buds, almost two weeks later, (and a lot of money well spent) here is what im working with, luckily all ten of my Doc Sativa white lady seeds have sprouted, Great Germ Rate!

check the pics, i was nervous about the little guys getting hurt by the 1000w mh, but they are handling it very well, 3 days old now. check the pics!

th_1221958908_DSC_0454.JPG

just what the doc ordered!.JPG

Awesome dude! Are you going to keep them under the MH the entire cycle? You should post this thread in "Grow Journals" so we can all keep up with you. I will grab a chair for this one. Happy growing:bong:

looks like your on the right road. good luck

Killertea08 said:
Awesome dude! Are you going to keep them under the MH the entire cycle? You should post this thread in "Grow Journals" so we can all keep up with you. I will grab a chair for this one. Happy growing:bong:

Nah, im gonna switch to my hps when im ready for flowering, my ballast supports both, ive got an hps bulb i bought, think it was like 120.00 bucks.
just gonna be monitoring these babies this weekend, hopefully the mh isnt too much for them to handle. thanks for looking!

Mods, please move to Grow journals if possible. thnx

Aurora_Indicas_Dad said:
look good to me,nice setup

thanks kind sir! im hoping that by next friday they will be watered and about 2 inches taller, i hope!:D

LOOKS GREAT.we have some about the same age.good luck my friend

thanks andy, should be a good first grow, ill keep it updated so you guys can follow along. g/l with yours as well!

Those seedlings look just about right. I'm about 1 day behind you on my next grow. Super luck man your looking good so far.

manels1111 said:
Those seedlings look just about right. I'm about 1 day behind you on my next grow. Super luck man your looking good so far.

thanks for the kind words, best to you as well friend, ill keep you guys updated on the grow, should be good! thanks again guys for supporting a super newbtastic first time grower, i do feel that ive done a lot of research so i should be ok with guys like you to help me along!

What soil are you using and what nutes are you planning. I would suggest making sure to just water with normal ph'd water for the first two weeks.

manels1111 said:
What soil are you using and what nutes are you planning. I would suggest making sure to just water with normal ph'd water for the first two weeks.

well, ive got pureblend pro Grow, for the veg cycle (nutes)

and pureblend pro flower for the flowering cycle, I also have a flowering supplement as well, but more on that later. (nutes)

I have a ph tester, ph up&down to regulate my ph of the water im giving them. I have about 50 gallons ( i know, but hey gotta stock up!) of distilled water. I also bought an oxygen booster to go in the water, mixed at 2ml per gallon of water.

Im using foxfarm OF soil and foxfarm seed starter mediums mixed
1 part seedstarter 2 parts ocean forest.

I dont plant on nutes until the end of the third week of vegging. and i will be starting at about a 1/4 dose at first to test my plants tolerances. thanks for your info, i feel like ive done my homework to get this grow going right!

sounds like you got a good handle on what to do man. just keep doin what your doin and all will go well

update, hgs white widow added, just waiting for them to sprout in their little humidromes! now, i have 10 fully germed white lady's, and 10 non-germed white widow seeds, got the cups on em to lock in warmth and humidity, worked great for white ladies, we will see if i kill them or not! ha ha

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Question for the pro's, im using 2 gallon pots right now for my 10 sativa white ladys. Ive noticed that the top 3/4 inch of the soil is bone dry, however under the dry soil, it is moist to the touch, but doesnt leave any moisture on my fingers when i touch it and pull my finger out of the soil, so i guess i want to know if im ok, i think i am, the seedlings are doing very well so far, and i know that watering will be less frequent because im using larger pots for the seedlings, any help would be appreciated!

I wouldn't water them for a while. I would like to give you an estimate but how long your soil holds water has several different factors like light distance, air flow, temps, soil mix, etc. In 2 gals I wouldn't think they'd need water for a couple of weeks though.

bombbudpuffa said:
I wouldn't water them for a while. I would like to give you an estimate but how long your soil holds water has several different factors like light distance, air flow, temps, soil mix, etc. In 2 gals I wouldn't think they'd need water for a couple of weeks though.

Thats what i was thinking, im putting the fan on them in two days, after they are one week old, heat is not an issue, room temp right now is at 80, humidity is at 50% and the plants show no signs of lacking water, thanks for your help bombbudpuffa, very appreciated kind sir!

well, it seems as if ive got a little heat stress on the seedlings, ive noticed a tad bit of brownish yellow on the very tips of the leaves on some of the plants, not too much tho, i raised the 1000w mh to about 4ft just to keep the intense light of the little guys for a while til they can handle it, i checked the temp, which is fine but do you guys thing they got a little sunburn? ill post pics later today, if the condition worsens.

Latest posts

Back