Just wondering?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtreme888

Reaction score
First i like to say Thanks all of you guys on this forum. I've learn alot by spending alot of time reading and getting educated on this wonderful world of green. This is my first grow. I just got a rubbermaid closet, covered with tin foil, running 6 23w cfl's and a 6" exhast fan. I got these seeds from a bag that I bought(I don;t know what kind) and decide to start a grow. It's been growing since Jan 21/08 and decided to flower it now. they're about 25 inches from the soil. I was using 20-20-20 for veg stage. Now I picked up this. Is this any good? Dutch Nutrient Formula(DNF)It's a two part formula promotes plant fruiting and flowering.Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong. Any Idea of what strain is this? I'll post some pics to show what I have. Once again Thank you.......

DSC00174.JPG

DSC00175.JPG

DSC00176.JPG

DSC00177.JPG

DSC00178.JPG

DSC00179.JPG

DSC00180.JPG

I'm just doing my first grow too. I can't tell you about the nutrient but I read that you should us Mylar or anything bright white before the foil. I like the Rubbermaid closet idea. Your grow looks good under the CF's but I bet we hear from others that you should use HPS light. I like the colors you got going. Good luck and keep it GREEN
:watchplant::watchplant:

Thanks, I agree with you alot of people say use hps but it was cheap using cfls.

howdy888, yes,dump the foil and paint it flat white or get mylar.that plants a beauty! yes,HPS would be much better for sure but ive heard people get good results with cfl's too. i'll let one of those guys help on that. lookn good...gl

Hi there xtreme. First of all, welcome to MP. Good to have you here. It definitely looks like you read over the site pretty well. Great work on the babies you have there. They look fantastic under those cfls. I would get rid of the tin foil. Flat white paint would be better than tin foil. Mylar is the best though. You can pick it up reasonably cheap online. It will be listed as an insulation or craft item. It will be easy to find. As for your lights, it will work for flower but an hps system would increase your results exponentially. Much much better than cfls. A 400 watt system would run you about 100 dollars so you may want to think about it. Looks great though. Nice work once again. Keep us posted on your progress. Take care and be safe.

I suggest a 400 to 600 watt sodium set up with = exhaust for your babies there man.

Peace!

I tried with the flat white paint but some reason the rubbermaid closet won't let lt stick. I tried couple coats and still won't work. it rejects the paint so I gave up and went to the easiest thing tin foil.

If that won't work...try mylar man...that should def. work! :eek:

Yeah, I will try to get and put it up after this grow. Thank you all for the response.
How about this nutrient that I bought, the hydro store said it was ok to use for soil.

I can not really comment on the DNF, as i have not used those nutes before, but as everyone said, you need to get rid of that tin foil, because it will create hot spots in your grow room that will overheat part of your garden.

Also it looks like you have a very sativa plant going there, based on the long skinny leaves. The one thing i would say though is that your plant looks underfed. Also CFLs do not have very strong penetration into the garden, so based on your set up, you may want to take off the bottom 1/3 of your plant as the buds that grow here with cfl's are not even going to really be smokable. It would be better to let the plant focus all of its energy on production in the area's that are well lit.

Overall excellent job, keep up the good work

When is it a good time to feed it and how much? Right now, It's in flowering stage. After the 12 hr. dark stage I usually put 500 ml of solution in that bucket. It's mixed with 5ml of each DNF into 2L of water. Should I put more? How can I get it to thicken up before it start to bud?

Scouring the surface with sandpaper should do it, but I love mylar so Id go that route.

you room looks a little big for just 6 cfl's, that would be around 9,000 lumens. I grow using cfl's and i doubled mine light from my last flower and the buds are denser and fatter. so i think your a little under powered in the light department especially for the flower stage. If i were you i would add about 6 more, but what size is your grow room? also get those lights closer to the tops with cfl's you only need to be like 2 inches from the tops of the plants.

Use the Krylon paint made for plastic--it should stick. Make sure that the cabinet is clean, prime first (with the krylon plastic paint), then paint with flat white.

When you are considering your lighting, remember that that is the single biggest factor in the size of your finished plants. Your yield from cfls will be SUBSTANTIALLY less than if you are using HPS to flower.

It seem the closet is not wide enough cause some of the branches are pushed on the side. It's 29'L x 70'H x 15'D. It probably won't fit 6 more cfl's. The 4 outer cfl's are already touching the walls.
After flowering, I definity going to rip down the foil and get a electic sander and scor the walls of the cabinet and paint flat white. Do I need to do anything else with it?
What kind of setup would be ok for 2 or 3 plants cause it seem like the closet I have barely hold this one? Any ideas? or modification?

No man if its plastic get that krylon paint.. It works..

Well, This what she looks like after 8 days, she kinda clutter up in there, but what can you do.....just let her be.

DSC00181.JPG

DSC00182.JPG

DSC00183.JPG

DSC00184.JPG

DSC00185.JPG

DSC00186.JPG

xtreme888 said:
I tried with the flat white paint but some reason the rubbermaid closet won't let lt stick. I tried couple coats and still won't work. it rejects the paint so I gave up and went to the easiest thing tin foil.

Tin foil is bad to use. Try the Krylon paint for plastic and paint flat white. Be sure to prime with the same paint for plastics.

CFLs will do good through vegging, but if you want any weight on those buds, you are going to have to go with a HPS.

It's been 10 days now after the last post and this is what she look like. Not bad for a first grow with cfl lights. After the harvest, I will rip off the tin foil and paint it flat white. Overall, I'm still happy to see how this baby grew up to be a nice plant. What do you guys think?

DSC00188.JPG

DSC00189.JPG

DSC00191.JPG

DSC00192.JPG

DSC00194.JPG

Latest posts

Back