KGB’s AC Infinity VPD controlled grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KGBSkunky

Reaction score
I will be using an AC Infinity 69 Pro this grow to see if I can control the atmosphere and provide slight stresses daily that may promote growth. I will be using the following auto genetics

Bruce Banner Seedsman
Jack Herer Seedsman
Gorilla Glue. Barney’s
Runtz. Barney’s

I will also be experimenting with an auto watering system I made with pieces from Home Depot and Amazon. It uses two gallon plastic containers. It feeds off a 5 gallon bucket using gravity there are no electronics. Germination starts….now

Note that this technique has a chance to kill the grow but if it does it should happen quickly

1693100024296.jpeg

Last edited:
I will be using an AC Infinity 69 Pro this grow to see if I can control the atmosphere and provide slight stresses daily that may promote growth. I will be using the following auto genetics

Bruce Banner Seedsman
Jack Herer Seedsman
Gorilla Glue. Barney’s
Runtz. Barney’s

I will also be experimenting with an auto watering system I made with pieces from Home Depot and Amazon. It feeds off a 5 gallon bucket using gravity there are no electronics. Germination starts….now

View attachment 338807
We will follow you into Mordor,but I aint walkin ☝️

After 24 hours all but the Seedsman Jack Herer had popped. At 48 hours I threw a second bean. Now is 96 hours and I am throwing a third bean in. If it doesn’t pop I may try another or put Jack Horror in so I don’t lose too much time. I know a lot of people had complained about the Seedsman Jack Herer not popping but I just had to see for myself. Maybe the third bean is the charm

1693359836943.jpeg

Checked last night and the third Jack Herer seed had sprouted and by this morning had a nice tail on it. Looks strong

I had put the other three in the ground yesterday and they are all up and running today which is why only the Jack has a dome
1693492107470.png

1693492087049.jpeg

I have been playing with programming using the 69 pro. I can see why a lot of people weren’t that hot on the feature over the standard model. That’s because your only real VPD option was to use fans to try and control VPD which would be way too slow. However I also just got the small humidifier that you can also control and when it’s setup right it’s easy. I can maintain a .76 VPD for my seedlings exactly if I don’t change the light. But part of my plan has to be able to change the light but maintain the VPD. I believe it will stimulate growth in unexpected ways and help reduce my electrical footprint.

The only negative is the pipe they sent with it to bring vapor in from the outside. Do not use it you will just lose vapor. I am thinking a smooth PVC pipe may work better but laws of physics are tough to break. Best to put it inside the tent

My target VPD is .7 for seedling stage

1693579879596.jpeg

Last edited:
So to clarify about Seedsman seeds. The problem is that this seed variety, their Jack Herer auto takes 4 to 5 days to pop. I put the two seeds back in the cabinet and checked on them. So that’s a 100% germination

1693694799917.jpeg

Last edited:
Well crap. I made an error in what I had concluded concerning the properties of coconut coir. I will try and salvage my plants and if I can’t I will germinate some more. Can’t try this until tonight.

Hey you want to make an omelet you gotta break some eggs

UPDATE I transferred all the plants from coconut coir to 80% peat moss. I don’t know if they will survive but they had longer roots on three of them than I would have expected. The tap root on the Jack Herer was 6 inches long.

Last edited:
Day 7 from seed

They lost 1-2 days in the transplant but all are growing again. I had to or they would have all died of root rot. The Runtz well I didn’t see a main taproot which could indicate I broke it. We will find out

I was playing with the controls and the goal was a VPD of .7. The only reason I got a .76 average is because I forgot to fill the humidifier and conditions spiraled accordingly. I will reset the controller statistics weekly.

1694026305008.jpeg

1694026273858.png

Last edited:
Was cleaning up and found two of the special solo cups. But there should be only one. Checked and the last auto transplanted was the Jack Herer.

Sigh

Now the Jack Herer has been transplanted twice. And it wasn’t pretty this time

Is that a record?

14 days from seed on these auto’s

take into account that while I transplanted them all once and the Jack Herer TWICE they seem to be on schedule as per charts I can find. This is the chart from Royal Queen seeds. Pretty stoked on all this so far although the second transplant for the Jack was a disaster still seemed to work. I changed programming to reflect a changing atmosphere but staying within the parameters I wanted. The AC Infinity panel shows the deviations as I decided nature doesn’t remain the same why should my tent.

1694621221077.jpeg

1694621260264.jpeg

1694621293751.jpeg

1694621335903.jpeg

1694621374161.jpeg

1694621406385.jpeg

I like the features of that controller. I set up automations on the exhaust fan just for temp and humidity though. The fabric pots put off enough humidity for me to adjust with the fan to keep conditions in check without adding a humidifier. I only use that for the first month to keep humidity up. It works pretty well and with Bluetooth I can check the tent conditions without having to actually go upstairs. When the humidity drops to 50% - time to water. Nice and easy. I don't necessarily chase VPD because there are just too many charts and calculators all with different values. No way to tell which is the correct one.

I like the features of that controller. I set up automations on the exhaust fan just for temp and humidity though. The fabric pots put off enough humidity for me to adjust with the fan to keep conditions in check without adding a humidifier. I only use that for the first month to keep humidity up. It works pretty well and with Bluetooth I can check the tent conditions without having to actually go upstairs. When the humidity drops to 50% - time to water. Nice and easy. I don't necessarily chase VPD because there are just too many charts and calculators all with different values. No way to tell which is the correct one.
I am using VPD as a variable where most people, as I did last week, try to make it a constant. I am not chasing VPD but rather using it to create a constantly changing atmosphere inside the tent. I will be adding automatic watering in the next weekly set of pictures.

I think my environmental approach is paying off. This is the Jack Herer auto that has been transplanted twice. Here is what happened to it in just 48 hours. Is it supposed to grow this fast? The Gorilla Glue is even more pronounced

Just seems to be faster growth than what I experienced with photos but could be normal for autos

1694793950243.jpeg

1694794355829.jpeg

Last edited:
I should say I have raised the VPD to .8 with a .2 buffer so it continually drifts between .6 and 1.0 VPD. The temperature swing is less than 10 degrees with my exhaust fan only coming on when the temperature hits 78 degrees. When in flowering I will be running a positive airflow but I see it as detrimental at this time. I am also cycling my light between 6 (150 watts) and 10 (240 watts) with it running at 10 for 20 minutes and 6 for 10 out of every 30 minutes for a 20 hour period. For four hours I run the light at 1 (24 watts) helping to control my tent temperatures during this period.

My goal here is to try and run the plant constantly through the range of VPD that is best for the growth period of the plant. It constantly varies in both VPD and light output as per this graph of like a 4 hour period

1695241975534.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back