Kissing the winter blues goodbye

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well they should definately be tastey growing them all organic like that! I would like to make my next go indoors all organic, that is the reason for my question. Thanks for the response

docfishwrinkle said:
gss im excited about your grow. so 8 mile & speed queen organic soil, mazar x mandala in coco, right? man great medias you got going.

Hey doc!! Yep that is correct. The mazar x mandala #1 is in the flowering closet right now; I vegged them for 2 weeks and then tossed them in. I have quite a few seeds from the cross so I am more or less just seeing what they are going to do; later on I will play with them some more. I am much more excited about the speed queen, 8 mile high, satori and bubbilicious; which reminds me, the satori and bubb should be here today or monday.

legalize_freedom said:
well they should definately be tastey growing them all organic like that! I would like to make my next go indoors all organic, that is the reason for my question. Thanks for the response

I don't think Ocean Forest is technically organic but it is close enough. I have enjoyed using this soil from day 1.

I am so looking forward to watching your 8 mile high grow as I have ten of those seeds myself from the Xmas order from Attitude.

Thanks gourmet. They are rapid growers thats for sure. I will be watering them a little later and then put some pics up; they are already larger than they were yesterday morning LOL. I can see they will be topped and then topped and then topped and then flowered LOL.

yeah I use the ocean forest to, I just don't add all the extras to it. I mix it 1 bag to 1/2 bag of light warrior, and put in a small bag of perlite, and about a cup of dolomite lime. It will feed my veged plants for about 4 weeks,(depending on the strain) and then I use nutes.

I'm wanting to use something though where all I have to do is add water, or teas, like subcools super soil type thing...why do you say that you don't think the FFOF is organic? I think it is, I know some of the nutrients in their line up are not totaly organic, but I thought the soil was.

Im not sure if OF is sold as certified "organic" soil, but it is about as close as you can get. I will have to look that one up again; I was under the impression that they do sell a line of certified organic soil but I don't think it was the OF.

Everything seems to be going pretty well at the moment. I planted a few more veggies today, should see some sprouts in a few days.

Veggie List:
Calabrese Broccoli
Habanero Pepper
Some kind of yellow onion that was delicious (harvesting seeds from it)
Schallots
German Pink Tomato
Sugar Pumpkin
Swiss Chard
Prizehead Lettuce (delicious lettuce)
Bloomsdale Spinach (delicious)

I am going to look around for another 400w and upgrade my exhaust fan. After I tie the two together that closet will be rockin ;) I will keep the pumpkin around 4' tall and trellised up the corner wall. It will be a fun winter.
The 650+- garlic I planted this fall are all under a foot of snow in 9 degree weather today; I may as well bring spring to the closet.

Man I'm jealous...there is nothing better than fresh veggies, homegrown! I guess I'm to greedy with my weed to dedicate any of the light to some veggies...maybe in the future, right now I don't have the space. Good Luck with the grow!

I ended up buying a very LARGE bag of perlite over a year ago thinking I needed it; although it does come in very handy I still have 2/3 of a bag left :eek: I like having fun with it.

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

The ladies are all watered and ready for a relaxing night under the floro's. I had a hell of a time getting the clones to root; do rooting agents have expiration dates? I was using schultz which last winter worked great for cloning... anyways, they have rooted real well and are diggin' their new kicks. I will put up some pics tomorrow morning. Somehow I just deleted the ones I just took and just resized....:stoned:

Happy days ahead!! I got my Satori, bubbilicious and they also gave me 5 free Sam the Skunkman's original haze x skunk1. Well I have some planting to do!!!!

man gss this thread makes me hungry w/ all your veggies & now gunna be insane amount of mj plants. how bout you grab your slap chop & whip me up a salad topped w/ habenaros & bud. nah minus the habbies. ive got a minor fire in my belly right now. just got home from work & old mother hubbard needs to go shopping, so i munched a **** ton of bread & butter jalapenos i pickled around halloween. damn good, you cant put em down, but not good on empty stomach.

Very NICE strains, godspeedsuckah and YAY for organic soil! :holysheep:

I actually LOVE winter grows... It's usually a challenge most of the year around here keep my 2 x 4 x 8 closet cool with a 1K hps and a 6 tube 4' T5 fixture but this cold snap has me backing down my ventilation to around 40% to main temps in the mid 70's at the top of my canopy... Over the years I've noticed my winter grows are often my very best with no (knock on wood) bud rot issues and the dankest grows of the year... I love the sounds of your Mandala 8 Mile strain... I love land race genetics and it sounds like fun. I'm just starting week 7 with a Mandala strain called Ganesh that has indian genetics and is Indica dominant... very spicy and pungent smell...:rolleyes: I look forward to seeing your new grows...

And dude... that little winter scene iz KILLIN' me! :aok: LOVE the penguin rolling the snowball (or reaching for an enormous helping of salt) and the golfing bear is a really nice touch too... lol... :rofl: where's the bong?

Happy Growing!:cool:

hello friend. i see you have a pallet under your plants on the floor. very smart man...i killed off a round of ww by trying to grow them on a cold floor last year...

i do think the cloner gel, and liquid do have expiros, as well as the powder, but i would think the powder form would last the longest...prove me wrong! (thats not meant for you gss)...

i just been seeing a few folks around here trying to make a mockery out of 'ol Irish's advice. oh well!, it happens...

ya know, we never do know when half, or more, of the things we purchase were even made, so we really would'nt know how long the stuff has sat in some warehouse, or on a ship, or on your local shelf??? theres really no way to know...i'ma go pull out my powder, and see...........

conclusiuon.= there is no expiro date, or manufacture date on my rootone. so there is no way to know how long it will be good to use from a consumer stand point...i'ma not gonna dig deeper, as i know someone will for us...:D ...(hows that?)...

you can put that big bag of perlite in your OD garden too man...i dump most of my old soil in there, then mix it in , in the spring, with some other goodie turd products...lol...

can't go wrong with sams gear...my bubblegum is pretty good. i have better though...she had the biggest leaves outta all i did last round...even bigger than the bubbas...she was def a light hawg...

everyone could use more light in this thing...i'm trying to do a swap right now, but getting the run around from this dude...guess i'll just keep sitting on some smoke to trade off til something else comes along...dude gotta have stupid wrote on forehead. i was gonna give him two O's of KULT, cured, for a maybe 400 dollar light...some think i'm the one light 'o brain for offering such a high quarry for a light. i look at it like this, i can grow more. alot more with proper lighting...+, i don't put an amount on what the worth of my smoke is...it's like gold to some. meant for bartering for goods, and getting ripped (medicated, to some)...;) ...

after this past year here, with mmj becoming legal with a dr rec, i knew very few growers from around my area. the way i like it. then the legal issue arose last winter, and growers were popping up all over. over night, grow ops were popping up everywhere...most were uneducated. first time growers with little, to no knowledge of horticulture...and most were uneducated to the state law as it was written, and therefore have suffered the 'Knock'...our courts over here, are gonna have to do something soon. thier caseloads have to be extremely large from all the new busts that have been going down...

i'm sure a light will present itself soon. i put the word on the street...;) , this usually brings the unwanteds, but i set it up through another party to do the swap, so i ain't implicated to anything...:cool: ...(my way of thinking is, if one of these newb growers that was taken down, has a light that was not taken in a raid, would be wanting to off load it, to recover some of thier loss.:hubba: )...i don't want to gain from someones misery, this is why i said two O's, it is well worth it, and i'm not benefitting from someones misfortune. it's a win, win deal...:D :cool: ...

did'nt you do satori not long ago gss?...

later bro, grow em big...

docfishwrinkle said:
man gss this thread makes me hungry w/ all your veggies & now gunna be insane amount of mj plants. how bout you grab your slap chop & whip me up a salad topped w/ habenaros & bud. nah minus the habbies. ive got a minor fire in my belly right now. just got home from work & old mother hubbard needs to go shopping, so i munched a **** ton of bread & butter jalapenos i pickled around halloween. damn good, you cant put em down, but not good on empty stomach.

Those jalapeno's sound great; I need to dig into the ones I canned up this fall. It should be a fun winter ;) Thanks for stopping by doc!!

dirtyolsouth said:
Very NICE strains, godspeedsuckah and YAY for organic soil! :holysheep:

I actually LOVE winter grows... It's usually a challenge most of the year around here keep my 2 x 4 x 8 closet cool with a 1K hps and a 6 tube 4' T5 fixture but this cold snap has me backing down my ventilation to around 40% to main temps in the mid 70's at the top of my canopy... Over the years I've noticed my winter grows are often my very best with no (knock on wood) bud rot issues and the dankest grows of the year... I love the sounds of your Mandala 8 Mile strain... I love land race genetics and it sounds like fun. I'm just starting week 7 with a Mandala strain called Ganesh that has indian genetics and is Indica dominant... very spicy and pungent smell...:rolleyes: I look forward to seeing your new grows...

And dude... that little winter scene iz KILLIN' me! :aok: LOVE the penguin rolling the snowball (or reaching for an enormous helping of salt) and the golfing bear is a really nice touch too... lol... :rofl: where's the bong?

Happy Growing!:cool:

Thanks Dirty!! :48: I love the winter grows as well; keeps me sane through the snow and cold...I am already pouring through seed catalogs and planning my veg space for March and January isn't even over yet :eek:. I may back it down to a 600w tied in with the 400w, but for an extra $30 I can get a 1000w................thats ALOT of lumens!! I gotta get the 1000 and I will spend extra on the exhaust fan and use my current fan to pull air into the closet and blow across the plants.

IRISH said:
hello friend. i see you have a pallet under your plants on the floor. very smart man...i killed off a round of ww by trying to grow them on a cold floor last year...

i do think the cloner gel, and liquid do have expiros, as well as the powder, but i would think the powder form would last the longest...prove me wrong! (thats not meant for you gss)...

i just been seeing a few folks around here trying to make a mockery out of 'ol Irish's advice. oh well!, it happens...

ya know, we never do know when half, or more, of the things we purchase were even made, so we really would'nt know how long the stuff has sat in some warehouse, or on a ship, or on your local shelf??? theres really no way to know...i'ma go pull out my powder, and see...........

conclusiuon.= there is no expiro date, or manufacture date on my rootone. so there is no way to know how long it will be good to use from a consumer stand point...i'ma not gonna dig deeper, as i know someone will for us...:D ...(hows that?)...

you can put that big bag of perlite in your OD garden too man...i dump most of my old soil in there, then mix it in , in the spring, with some other goodie turd products...lol...

can't go wrong with sams gear...my bubblegum is pretty good. i have better though...she had the biggest leaves outta all i did last round...even bigger than the bubbas...she was def a light hawg...

everyone could use more light in this thing...i'm trying to do a swap right now, but getting the run around from this dude...guess i'll just keep sitting on some smoke to trade off til something else comes along...dude gotta have stupid wrote on forehead. i was gonna give him two O's of KULT, cured, for a maybe 400 dollar light...some think i'm the one light 'o brain for offering such a high quarry for a light. i look at it like this, i can grow more. alot more with proper lighting...+, i don't put an amount on what the worth of my smoke is...it's like gold to some. meant for bartering for goods, and getting ripped (medicated, to some)...;) ...

after this past year here, with mmj becoming legal with a dr rec, i knew very few growers from around my area. the way i like it. then the legal issue arose last winter, and growers were popping up all over. over night, grow ops were popping up everywhere...most were uneducated. first time growers with little, to no knowledge of horticulture...and most were uneducated to the state law as it was written, and therefore have suffered the 'Knock'...our courts over here, are gonna have to do something soon. thier caseloads have to be extremely large from all the new busts that have been going down...

i'm sure a light will present itself soon. i put the word on the street...;) , this usually brings the unwanteds, but i set it up through another party to do the swap, so i ain't implicated to anything...:cool: ...(my way of thinking is, if one of these newb growers that was taken down, has a light that was not taken in a raid, would be wanting to off load it, to recover some of thier loss.:hubba: )...i don't want to gain from someones misery, this is why i said two O's, it is well worth it, and i'm not benefitting from someones misfortune. it's a win, win deal...:D :cool: ...

did'nt you do satori not long ago gss?...

later bro, grow em big...

I think 2 zips is a very generous offer and not crazy at all; I would do it for someone!! I like keeping a low profile myself; the only time I grow in any quantity is during the summer. It's only me and a very close friend who also grows that knows about my fun. I just got tired of paying for dirt weed and figured I may as well learn how to grow it myself; I dabbled in it before but nothing like I have the past 4 years. I bought 1 bag of Northern Lights a few months back because it was some nice stuff and I wanted to mix it up a little. Yeah I did do a Satori run a little while back; its been nearly 2 years since I have had these beans and I am not going to order them again ;) I will keep a couple of the best around for clones and re-veg (just cause it is fun.) Take care and thanks for poppin' in Irish; keep it safe and green my friend!! Godspeed.

you really should jump over to a grow journal bro, so's you can combine all togeather.;) ...just a suggestion bro...don't mind me, i'm pleasantly high from the stinky widow i just jarred...:D ...

Oh Irish I forgot to mention that I barter alot myself. I kinda look at it this way; I could sell the extra I have and make money to buy things at a ridiculous price or I can barter with people I know and get the same things much cheaper. As far as anyone is concerned I have friends that supply me for cutting wood and doing various jobs for them ;)

A little update: everyone is happy and doing well. I am going to plant the Satori's tonight. The Speed Queen clones are starting to finally take right off. I have been misting them a few times a day with a very diluted mix of blackstrap and RO water; they practically jump out of the containers and wrestle the spray bottle from me LOL. The 8 mile seedlings are picking up real nice. So far so good!!

Edit: Dang it I did it again. I am too stoned to type and post pics!! Let me see if I can get them up again.

Latest posts

Back