Kissing the winter blues goodbye

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IRISH said:
you really should jump over to a grow journal bro, so's you can combine all togeather.;) ...just a suggestion bro...don't mind me, i'm pleasantly high from the stinky widow i just jarred...:D ...

I need to figure out how to move it over there. Can I do it or does a Mod need too? I will put a link to the Satori and other grows in my sig. ;)

Thanks bud. 5 of the Satori's are planted in a seedling mix I like using a lot; very simple and common: 4 lbs Ocean Forest and 2 lbs worm castings. I am getting giddy LOL. Satori is some very fine smoke, and if you haven't tried it yet than do yourself a favor and give them a shot. $32 (I think it was) for 10 seeds. The first and last run with them went pretty good but this time around will be fantastic. I didn't have my soil, ph, or ec under control. Since then I have installed an RO system, have a milwaukee ph pen and ec meter. I have also learned to be easy with the nutes if you even need them at all. I do believe that they are a necessary evil and if used too often in soil than your plants not only depend on them but can get locked up and then there goes another week of friggin around.

Just wanted to share with you guys what I use when I mist the plants in veg stage. Its a very simple recipe on the net and it is very effective.
1 gallon RO water
1 tsp blackstrap
1 cup worm castings
1 tsp mexican bat guano (fruit bats)

This mix sits in a vat of hot water for 24 hours bubbling. The castings and guano stay in a pantyhose tied off. When its done I put half in a glass jar and in the fridge and I cut the other half with RO water. I ph it to 6.4 and spray away. After a day of misting with this I mist with just RO water once and then back to the mix.

1.jpg

interresting, does it stain or leave any smell. i see you spray with clean water again but after a day.

Hey Puffin. No it doesn't stain or leave a smell. If it seems a little too dark I just pour some more out and fill it back up with the RO water. The plants get a light mist 3 times a day, and then a good wash with straight RO water.

cool godspeed thanks for the tea! Irish I don't know how anyone could question your growing....the proof that you know what you are doing is in pretty glossy pics, anyone that can't see that is blind.

Everyone has their own way of doing things LF and some people are just wound a little too tight. Irish grows dankity dank dank ;) and a butt load of veggies....

I picked up a 400w MH bulb today from our local hardware shop: Sylvania BT37 for $25.00, gotta love it. The speed queen is in the closet with the MH to make some room for the Satori and possibly bubbilicious in the veg area.

Okay, got you into the right forum :D .

I would recommend going easy on the nutes with all Mandala's strains. They are more efficient in their nute uptake than most strains and do not require a lot of food. Have you read Mandala's FAQ and Grow Guide? It gives some good info on their strains. hXXp://www.mandalaseeds.com/html/faq.html

This thread has prompted me to start some Speed Queen...and order some more Satori...and I am thinking that 8 Miles High is well worth a go. Thanks

Hey THG!! Thanks for the help and info. I will be sure to have a light hand ;) The Satori I grew hardly needed any feeding at all. I am hoping by brewing tea when needed I can build a herd of organisms in the soil to do the work for me.

So true on Mandala's nute intake. I've got some Satori's vegging now with super low ppm's and i feel like i'm in a Jack and the Beanstalk story. Not only are they tall, with fat ole stems, but the leaves are bigger than my hands. Just jaw dropping. Can't wait to climb the Satori into another fantasy world, like Jack did. Granted, the fantasy world will be after they flower ;)

monkeybusiness said:
So true on Mandala's nute intake. I've got some Satori's vegging now with super low ppm's and i feel like i'm in a Jack and the Beanstalk story. Not only are they tall, with fat ole stems, but the leaves are bigger than my hands. Just jaw dropping. Can't wait to climb the Satori into another fantasy world, like Jack did. Granted, the fantasy world will be after they flower ;)

Howdy monkeybusiness!!! Have you smoked the Satori before.....:hubba::eek::holysheep:
LOL.

A pic of the speed queen ladies diggin their new MH.

7.jpg

godspeedsuckah said:
Howdy monkeybusiness!!! Have you smoked the Satori before.....:hubba::eek::holysheep:
LOL.

A pic of the speed queen ladies diggin their new MH.
Nope not yet, but have read many good things about it, including your 08 journal.

Great looking SQ's too! Nice and compact. I've got some of those seeds as well, so will be watching close.
Good luck and happy growing!!:)

Just wanted to share with you guys what I do with my tea after it has brewed.

1. After the brew is done bubbling I filter it through pantyhose into jars.
2. The jars are lowered into a hot water bath for 15 minutes.
3. When the jars are done boiling they sit out until cooled.
4. Jars are labeled so nobody has the urge to take a swig ;)

Take care. Godspeed.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

gss although there is a ton of nutrients in there arent you worried that all your micro herd is dead?

Mmm... that tea looks really good! I've been pondering making my own as well. I'd bet your plants are happy as can be with that stuff :). Lookin good over there.

Thanks mentalpatient, they are very happy and doing well thanks!! Still no satori beans popping up, but I think that will most likely happen by tonight. I am going to wait about a month and then pop in the bubbilicious ;)

Latest posts

Back