Leaving plants in hydro to dry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishcabo

Reaction score
I was wondering has anyone left their plants in the hydro system (lights and water shut off to dry on the stem. The reason I ask is that I am going to be away for six days starting right about the day I want to harvest. I had to veg a little longer than I wanted and it skewed my harvest date ( I know this strain takes right at 8 weeks to flower). I don't want the buds to get too dry before i can jar them. I was going to leave them in a dark hydro hut still in the hydroton (large fan leaves trimmed)with water shut off and the exhaust fan on. Temp would be 68-75 degrees. Thanks in advance for any help or other suggestions.

this concept fascinates me. Due in part to the large concentration of water that resides in a complete plant.

I would venture to say, that while i personally wont be trying this, if its your only option, the plants shouldnt dry nearly as fast, giving you the time you need to come home.

Otherwise, i would continue to flower, setting up your res for a long period without attention, mainly just water, so as to just effectively flush longer than you would normally for hydro.

That way the plants will be quite alive and a little riper, but still may be a better option.

again, i have no idea if this is a good idea, but i would love to learn from your example.

Latest posts

Back