LED lighting???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokeup420

Reaction score
hey has anyone tryed growin with led's? like the ufo or w,e useing only the red and blue lights for specific wave length... i found a 900 led set for pretty cheap i think. soo if anyone has info or had use them let me know thanks

There is a ton of info on this site about led's. use the search function and you can reread all the drama for yourself.

My opinion is this, if you are asking about using led's i have to guess you are fairly new to indoor growing and would benefit from using a much easier and more effective form of lighting. Do some research, then save your money and buy HPS.

Hey smokeup420, Most people here don't think to much of the led's. If you search the site, you will find all kinds of threads talking about then. IMO you are better off with MH or HPS lighting

well yea i was just wondering, im morre of an outdoor guy. i only have enought loot to fund this very small grow with 6 150w cfl. witch i got for free.so yea im planning on investing in 250 or 400w hps w/ m.h with hpd conv. what a good price rang for those, witch im gonna buy on ebay

hXXp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw <-- a cool use of LED ;)

Hick said:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Check out my link man, I do LED grows and have a detailed report here

Hick said:
once again... just when i thought i seen it all...!!! lol thanks for sharin that hick. how'd u come dross that one? lol

zipflip said:
once again... just when i thought i seen it all...!!! lol thanks for sharin that hick. how'd u come dross that one? lol
It was included in one of my "girls" resume...;)

Hey there. I am using led's and so far so good. I got some pics on my grow journal. Its my first try. I have read alot about the lights not being able to produce the big buds, but i was on a budget, so I am gonna save and get a 400w hps for flowering.

its mu first try, is that what its labled? like i looked at prices and hps/mh convertion,is allot cheaper then GOOD led's, i found from reading here you would want LED's that put out 1.5 watt each anything uder 1 wat per led isnt high end..even tho they last longer then a hps bulb they decress power by like30% or sumthing over 3-5 years... i think. but this very small grow im stickin with 150 watt cfl's puttin out bout 11000 lumes for one plant...but yea ima check uredit out

smokeup420 said:
its mu first try, is that what its labled? like i looked at prices and hps/mh convertion,is allot cheaper then GOOD led's, i found from reading here you would want LED's that put out 1.5 watt each anything uder 1 wat per led isnt high end..even tho they last longer then a hps bulb they decress power by like30% or sumthing over 3-5 years... i think. but this very small grow im stickin with 150 watt cfl's puttin out bout 11000 lumes for one plant...but yea ima check uredit out
sorry '420.. my silliness kinda' hijacked your thread. :eek:
without incriminating myself, :p.. "I" would recommend staying with the proven hid or cfls. "IMO" the led are still in the developmental stages for plant growth.
The tech' is coming along quickly though. I don't belive it will be long before something great comes of it. BUT, it won't be cheap/economical for awhile, when it is developed.

I don'tbetter know how to add my link to my reply... Its under grow journal its called. first grow. They are in flower with the led's, we will see what happens. A bunch of little popcorn buds is better than nothin, but with a better hps i bet them little buds will be bigger next go round...

I read up a lot in LED's cuz the pro's are real nice-low power, little heat, and all light is of the same usable spectrum (if you get propper LED's). but it's definately not gonna save you any money. If you find some LEDs that are cheaper than HID lighting, than it's not up to par. and there are a LOT of LED's out there that are not up to par. the ones that are are CRAZY expensive when compared to an HPS or MH. If you're gonna drop the 2500 on a good LED fixture, i'd go with a sulfer plasma light instead-- there's some info on this site about them- check those out!!

jaynyota said:
I don'tbetter know how to add my link to my reply... Its under grow journal its called. first grow. They are in flower with the led's, we will see what happens. A bunch of little popcorn buds is better than nothin, but with a better hps i bet them little buds will be bigger next go round...
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40298
they look great jayn'...

Latest posts

Back